Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
That size cooler will only work if you hook it up exactly like Howard did, 1 hose in and a cap on the other side :rolling:
it looks like an oil cooler but it`s really a hidden nitrous bottle....please don`t tell anyone.....not to bust balls (well maybe just a little) but how many newspapers do you have to deliver to buy a $300+ oil cooler?? or some of those $30 a piece -12/-16 hose ends??
...redvetracr :rolling:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
those goodridge/jegs/summit hose ends are not 30$ ;) ... or... wait, are you actually using the expensive stuff? Does that make you faster? :laughing: :rolling:

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
.....not to bust balls (well maybe just a little) but how many newspapers do you have to deliver to buy a $300+ oil cooler?? or some of those $30 a piece -12/-16 hose ends??
...redvetracr :rolling:
Marck delivers newspapers? I thought he is an engineer.

How many newspapers to build a TT road racer? Holy crap no wonder his arms are that big.

·
Registered
959 Posts
those goodridge/jegs/summit hose ends are not 30$ ;) ... or... wait, are you actually using the expensive stuff? Does that make you faster? :laughing: :rolling:
100% Aeroquip, I would NEVER use Jegs/Summit or Russell hose or hose ends , even if I got them for free.....and that cheap used stuff on ebay is there for a reason....watch a NASCAR race on TV and you will figure it out.

...redvetracr

PS: you all know the "paper route" crack was directed to the kid right?? I thought TT was a milk man. :devil:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
NO, but it MAY make your car more RELIABLE.....

but then again, maybe NOT....:crazy: :rolling: :WTF :cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I wish i had a rich daddy and still lived at home, the fun i could have and the cool stuff i could put into my vette,i could put NASCAR parts all over my car :laughing:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
100% Aeroquip, I would NEVER use Jegs/Summit or Russell hose or hose ends , even if I got them for free.....and that cheap used stuff on ebay is there for a reason....watch a NASCAR race on TV and you will figure it out.

...redvetracr

PS: you all know the "paper route" crack was directed to the kid right?? I thought TT was a milk man. :devil:
I only use aeroquip and xrp also, those other ones are junk IMO with the russels being reasonable and the goodridge/summit/jegs being junk.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I wish i had a rich daddy and still lived at home, the fun i could have and the cool stuff i could put into my vette,i could put NASCAR parts all over my car :laughing:
Wow excellent joke :rolleyes: . Your grammar is definitely up to par with the rest of Missouri. And still live at home? What do you expect me to move out at age 16?

It's not like it's my car anyways.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey TT - you have made a good bit of progress since I last saw pics of your car. Keep up the good work. When are you coming back to the states - I got a car that could use some of your talents:smack

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
There's a dozen of test pieces that I scrapped when I started out welding alu with my old hobart, I did some test pieces when I started out using the new machine but it works so much easier I just had some pieces to test the different settings like balance, frequency etc.

Now, and this one is for turtle to chuckle over, I had 1 of my air boxes (to go on the carbs) completely welded, did a pretty good job on it and when I wanted to weld the inlet tube on it I ran out of argon 1/2 inch before it was completely welded, I didn't notice untill there was a big old gaping hole in it, was so pissed off I threw it in the corner so it's all messed up now. I'm gonna make a tad different ones now

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
There's a dozen of test pieces that I scrapped when I started out welding alu with my old hobat, I did some test pieces when I started out using the new machine but it works so much easier I just had some pieces to test the different settings like balance, frequency etc.

Now, and this one is for turtle to chuckle over, I had 1 of my air boxes (to go on the carbs) completely welded, did a pretty good job on it and when I wanted to weld the inlet tube on it I ran out of argon 1/2 inch before it was completely welded, I didn't notice untill there was a big old gaping hole in it, was so pissed off I threw it in the corner so it's all messed up now. I'm gonna make a tad different ones now

My welder over here allways turns off the gas/argon on his machine, religiously....every time he stop, even for a few minits...I get tired turning that valve when he helping me out, but :WTF the least I can do is do it HIS way, hell, he not charging me....much....

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I always turn off the gas also, can't trust those gas valves, they leak. Learned that w/ my old machine, forgot to do it, came back 3 days later, bottle was empty :( This time the bottle simply ran out also. Usually you can see it's almost empty because the weld will start to deteriorate and develop black spots. When I was welding the box it simple went out like an off switch :( I may have been able to salvage the piece w/ some welding and grinding but I killed it when I threw it in the corner LOL

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I always turn off the gas also, can't trust those gas valves, they leak. Learned that w/ my old machine, forgot to do it, came back 3 days later, bottle was empty :( This time the bottle simply ran out also. Usually you can see it's almost empty because the weld will start to deteriorate and develop black spots. When I was welding the box it simple went out like an off switch :( I may have been able to salvage the piece w/ some welding and grinding but I killed it when I threw it in the corner LOL
What you consider "trash", you could sell on e-bay. "Special TT Collectors edition.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.