Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What you consider "trash", you could sell on e-bay. "Special TT Collectors edition.

"For sale, brand new clusterfucked carburetor airbox, will only fit special manifold with dellortos or webers, bent because it got thrown around the garage, may be salvegeable" yeah, a real sale magnet!! :rolling:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Nice work:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Now, if i had said that he'd get pissy and go in the corner and pout.
How do you know I didn't just do that very same thing? :rolling:

I'm already over the loss of the prev. airbox. Already started on my new ones.

BTW, the compressor housing will be rotated, the pipe pointing down WILL clear the compressor. After I'm done I will sand it completely smooth.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
"For sale, brand new clusterfucked carburetor airbox, will only fit special manifold with dellortos or webers, bent because it got thrown around the garage, may be salvegeable" :rolling:

There is at least one idiot born every minute...... I am convinced you can sell anything anything on Ebay....

"100% mag and x-ray tested aluminum welds for sale.... welds have 8 oz of junk aluminum attached to them because of above mentioned horizontal acceleration and impact damge but might be salvageable.... aluminum originated in Holland, perfect gift for the very special individual you might or might not know .... LOL...

"buy it now" $200 plus shipping (which includes a dutch stamp)... :D

by the way, your welds are 1st class :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ah! you gotta love the Dutch folks.

A good friend of mine here in Alabama was born and raised
in Holland. Funny..........he's a Mechanical engineer and
works at a local speed shop that specializes in Turbos.
( I not kidding here ) He's also a pilot with multiple ratings.
He did all my engine spec and balancing of my SB truck engine.
I take care of his Paint & Body and He covers my mechanical.

My kids love to heard him and his wife talk cause they speak
"that Freaky-Deaky Dutch" :rolling:

J/K :D He's really a cool guy, his name's MARCO...........
That's pretty darn close to TT's name isn't it. :laughing:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, his car is nice, I really liked the rad frame and tank. I'm a sucker for custom fabbed stuff. I hate chrome LOL

Mine looks like a whole car again...well I sort of cheated. The front clip is just laying on there. need to fabricate a whole new hinge since I modified the front frame for the intercoolers and other misc. stuff there.

Even the L88 buckets still fit. I test fitted it, it just clears LOL maybe even the stockers will fit, didn't check that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How do you know I didn't just do that very same thing? :rolling:

I'm already over the loss of the prev. airbox. Already started on my new ones.

BTW, the compressor housing will be rotated, the pipe pointing down WILL clear the compressor. After I'm done I will sand it completely smooth.
Not to be a negative nancy, but wouldnt a box that left room for the really short ram tubes help? I am pretty sure the original lotuses had them in their boxes.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The box will have a 5mm backing plate and the carbs will haeva 1cm thick plate, together that makes a 1,5 cm plate that will have a radius to the choke size much like stack.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.