Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have been spending far too much time working on these engine covers I thought I'd post a few pics. My sons gave me these covers a year or so ago and it took a while to decide on a color scheme.

I decided to go with a black backgound, silver matching the paint on the engine, some polished aluminimum strips and body-color lettering.

Still have to finish the driver side cover before a show on Sunday.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I REALLY like those. They're done up very well, and they fit perfectly with your engine compartment.

Great work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My god your car looks fantastic !

Honestly I was taken back for a second when the picture rolled down my screen :laughing:

I've seen those for sale in the car mags but I had no idea they would look so good on the car :laughing:

Tell your Son I think he did good on the fuel rail covers

Bon

·
Registered
677 Posts
VERY NICE!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looking real nice with the color there!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finished the other cover just in time for a show last Sunday. We've been to 5 casual shows over the summer and one interesting observation I had is that since the Vette hood opens forward most people don't bother looking around the hood as they walk down the row. Seems like only the Vette lovers take the time to look at the engine and then into the interior. I'm suprised at the number of folks who have spotted the 6-speed shift plate. Never expected that. The interior looks totally stock (except the 79 wheel) other than that.

Rick B.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the positive comments. I spent all Saturday afternoon sanding those aluminum strips with 7 different grits, and my shoulder is still aching. :laughing:

Rick B.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Wow, those look great, thanks for sharing the pics:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
That looks really nice. You did good work on the polished aluminum.

Now someone needs to make a cover for the plastic intake that has a carburetor top on it so you can add a short air cleaner in the middle. That would really confuse people.

Maybe someone could take a cover and glue 8 Hillborn stacks on it so it looks like mechanical fuel injection.

Have you seen the Holley shop truck yet? They put an LS3 in the truck then added the Holley fuel injection to the top end. They made some big block valve covers that fit over the coil packs. It looked really nice in person. The truck has been featured in Hot Rod and Classic Trucks so far this year.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Love those valve covers! Can you post a link to where you got them?

Have you seen the Holley shop truck yet? They put an LS3 in the truck then added the Holley fuel injection to the top end. They made some big block valve covers that fit over the coil packs. It looked really nice in person. The truck has been featured in Hot Rod and Classic Trucks so far this year.
Im lazy, can you post up some pics or a link?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Those covers make your engine look Stunning! :thud:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts