Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 08 last night and when I went to put my Lloyds matts in I see that the 08 now has a little hook coming out of the floor instead of the posts that my 07 had in it. Guess what? The hooks don't line up with the anchors on my matts. Not really a big deal other than the matt companies will have to make special ones for the 08. The hooks just hook into holes in the stock mats to keep them from moving forward.

Plus, the nice little handle that us coupe guys/gals use to pull the hatch down to close it is gone.

What other little things have they changed or removed? Last year it was the under hood light being removed.

It's almost like a little game now - find the next little thing they changed... :D

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Anything to save a buck:surprised

·
Registered
89 Posts
anyone know if there are any new 3LT interior options for 08. Any new colors? What about the red ? Is it the same as 07 (cobalt)??

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
I picked up my 08 last night and when I went to put my Lloyds matts in I see that the 08 now has a little hook coming out of the floor instead of the posts that my 07 had in it. Guess what? The hooks don't line up with the anchors on my matts. Not really a big deal other than the matt companies will have to make special ones for the 08. The hooks just hook into holes in the stock mats to keep them from moving forward.

Plus, the nice little handle that us coupe guys/gals use to pull the hatch down to close it is gone.

What other little things have they changed or removed? Last year it was the under hood light being removed.

It's almost like a little game now - find the next little thing they changed... :D
Noticed the thing about the hood light while with a buddy @ a car show when we parked next to each other and popped the hoods(mine '06 his '07)! It made me a little nervous at first. It took about 20 minutes before it went off... didn't want to have a dead battery... There's no on/ off switch under there.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Actually both of those were changed at the middle/end of the 07 model year run. There are many 07's with hooks, and even more with no handle to pull down the hatch.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like that little handle on the inside of the hatch, sucks they removed it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
232 Posts
How is the ’08 clutch engagement???
Also what was the window sticker MPG????

Thanks.
Ive driven a few of the 08s we recently got in to our dealership. The clutch seems a little improved but I think overall it is the same. I dont remember what the MPG was but I can check tomorrow i think its still the same.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The Fed changed their method of testing MPG, all 2008 cars show lower MPG on the sticker. The Corvette engineers say the new LS3's mileage is just as good as the LS2.

A sign of good Engineering.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I reset mine today on the way to work on the Interstate and just crusing at 73 is was showing between 29.6 and 30.5 with less than 500 miles on her. Looks like the LS3 will be comparable to the LS2 in mileage. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts