Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It sounds like they are sending in every branch of the military after a kid that stole a candy bar from a store. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GaryZ06 said:
Read it....very cool cars.....mucho horsepower:partyon:
Tell what goes on. How does the Z06 Stack up, what car did 217.85mph?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Chris Draper said:
Tell what goes on. How does the Z06 Stack up, what car did 217.85mph?
The Hennessey Twin Turbo with 1100 HP did that in the standing mile.The Z06 was the slowest but what do you expect with ONLY 505 HP.The tuner car with the lowest HP was a Ford GT with 720 HP....then a ford Mustang with 840 HP.....Pontiac GTO with 900 HP....Lingenfelter C6 with 1000 HP and the Viper with 1100.For the money the Z06 is the best.Just for example the Lingenfelter C6 is $225,860 and the Viper is $187,710.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chris Draper said:

It sounds like they are sending in every branch of the military after a kid that stole a candy bar from a store. :laughing:
Hahh:nuts:

I do.... just got it today.

WOW that LPE car is fast...... they quote "violent" Wehhhhhh:hump:

That orange car car looks like the one in my garage:partyon:

SM

·
Registered
816 Posts

I was suprised to see that the Mustang had a lower drag coeficient(.37) than the Ford GT(.39) and the Viper(.39). The LPE was the slipperiest (.28). I would have liked to see a top speed test as well, just to see how fast the LPE is, not to mention the Hennessey is estimated at 255, would have been cool to see it confirmed.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
crimsonwake said:
I was suprised to see that the Mustang had a lower drag coeficient(.37) than the Ford GT(.39) and the Viper(.39). The LPE was the slipperiest (.28). I would have liked to see a top speed test as well, just to see how fast the LPE is, not to mention the Hennessey is estimated at 255, would have been cool to see it confirmed.

i believe theyre purposefully higher to keep more grip.

And what is it with this magazine and stacking stock corvettes against Tuner cars? :WTF
Didnt they do the same thing last year to the then new C6.

Not just tuner cars, HIGHLY modified tuner cars. Fact is anything can be made faster. Yes, even turbo Vtec civic, mang.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Magazine writers

These same "writers" love everything "European" versus American, whether its cars or describing torque, using lb-ft to rather than the traditional American use of ft-lb. All my Engineering School books used ft-lb as does my Torque Wrench Manual...but the writers just love to force their version of P.C. on us.
Wonder how they pronounce "Aluminum" ????

·
Registered
405 Posts
robster said:
These same "writers" love everything "European" versus American, whether its cars or describing torque, using lb-ft to rather than the traditional American use of ft-lb. All my Engineering School books used ft-lb as does my Torque Wrench Manual...but the writers just love to force their version of P.C. on us.
Wonder how they pronounce "Aluminum" ????
:agree: I guess they feel it gives them some sort of worldly superiority.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The Hennessey Twin Turbo with 1100 HP did that in the standing mile.The Z06 was the slowest but what do you expect with ONLY 505 HP.
What else would one expect? :upthere: It's just unfair.. It's the same as running a Civic Type-R versus the LPE Commemorative Edition and then to conclude the LPE is faster, but more expensive.. I wouldn't need a test to conclude that:rolling:

·
Registered
9 Posts
FReaKyJeRoeN said:
What else would one expect? :upthere: It's just unfair.. It's the same as running a Civic Type-R versus the LPE Commemorative Edition and then to conclude the LPE is faster, but more expensive.. I wouldn't need a test to conclude that:rolling:
:agree:

It's totally unfair but very interesting that they had to take highly modified, very expensive cars built by high-profile tuners in order to beat a factory original C6 Z06. I hope that, when (if) tuners like LPE, Callaway, etc. produce their top-versions of the C6 Z06 (twin-turbos or supercharged, etc.), MT will compare the highly modified Z's to these same cars.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Mad Max said:
:agree:

It's totally unfair but very interesting that they had to take highly modified, very expensive cars built by high-profile tuners in order to beat a factory original C6 Z06. I hope that, when (if) tuners like LPE, Callaway, etc. produce their top-versions of the C6 Z06 (twin-turbos or supercharged, etc.), MT will compare the highly modified Z's to these same cars.

A point of the article I found fairly interesting is that in their Figure-8 test the C6 Z actually had a faster time than any of the tuner cars. They said it was more blaanced and easier to drive hard in tight turns than the tuner cars with all their Uber power. I mean, the LPE C6 flashed the tires and broke traction at 125mph in third in the standing mile, lol.:smokin:

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
May Issue Still on the Stands.

Chris Draper said:

Went to Book's a Million, and Borders..They still Have the may edition. June will be on the racks on the 15th of May.. :excited:

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
I guess Books a Million is one shy of a million!!

Exterminator said:
I just picked up my copy at Albertson's Market. They are on the stands now.
Time to look somewhere else..Thanks..But it sounds like this really is not a "great write up" for the Z06??:surprised

·
996 Posts
I got that issue a couple days ago and it is crazy.

The LPE is almost too fast (did I just say that??). The car had so much power they couldnt launch it with much RPM or the tires would shread, so they had to lug it to get it going, then ease into the gas. As if that wasnt enough, they had soo much power that they did a 1st - 3rd shift, to help keep the tires from smoking. Any car that can smoke the tires at 125mph is stupidy fast, and really fricken cool:partyon: .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts