Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
:laughing: That's pretty flattering actually. Your ride has mass appeal.:thumbsup:

I bet the only place you'd see a DC Z photo is on the business card of a junk yard.

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
:laughing: That's pretty flattering actually. Your ride has mass appeal.:thumbsup:

I bet the only place you'd see a DC Z photo is on the business card of a junk yard.
Yes Pat But your car has Ass appeal...:partyon:

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would contact them and try for a few free shirts from them.:laughing:
I wonder what the "legal" aspect of the person making money off of a picture of YOUR car.

Did anyone ask you if they could take a picture of your car at Carlisle? You may be intitled to a cut off of each and every sale. :devil:

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what the "legal" aspect of the person making money off of a picture of YOUR car.

Did anyone ask you if they could take a picture of your car at Carlisle? You may be intitled to a cut off of each and every sale. :devil:

Like most of us who go to car shows, hundreds of people take pictures of our cars. I don't know what they do with them. I just happened to be messing around on the computer and did a google search for corvette tshirts and Cafe press came up. So I was going through the pics available and found my car. Nobody (especially the person selling the shirts) ever asked my permission. I'm not angry, just amused. And the bastard is making money I could have made if I'd been smart enough. :laughing:

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
...it definitely sounds like infringement, if I took your picture and was making a
profit or no profit off its sale you would be intitiled to compensation as per any
actor or actress would be, unless you just like the fame part....:huh:....its your property, protect it....;)

·
Registered
548 Posts

Not true --- I have see the DC Z included in a photo hanging in the Post Office right next to your photo--- wait a minute, come to think of it that was a wanted poster.... so I guess that doesn't count.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like most of us who go to car shows, hundreds of people take pictures of our cars. I don't know what they do with them. I just happened to be messing around on the computer and did a google search for corvette tshirts and Cafe press came up. So I was going through the pics available and found my car. Nobody (especially the person selling the shirts) ever asked my permission. I'm not angry, just amused. And the bastard is making money I could have made if I'd been smart enough. :laughing:
Too close to "theft" for me. ( using an exact likeness of YOUR vehicle without compensation)

As long as your cool with it :cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
...it definitely sounds like infringement, if I took your picture and was making a
profit or no profit off its sale you would be intitiled to compensation as per any
actor or actress would be, unless you just like the fame part....:huh:....its your property, protect it....;)
doubt its infringement....the picture was taken in public place just like the tabloids taking pictures of an actor/actress in public and making money selling there mags...they don't get compensation for that...

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
doubt its infringement....the picture was taken in public place just like the tabloids taking pictures of an actor/actress in public and making money selling there mags...they don't get compensation for that...
...you may be right, but with the tabloids and mags there is also a story that
pertain to those pictures, and this being not news oriented...JM 2CTS

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Well now you're famous! Can I have your autograph please? :thumbsup:

Anytime someone copies you that is one of the highest forms of a compliment, be proud my friend...and I would hit them up for Royality Fees! :thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I would be proud!But as a capitalist,I'm thinking you should get something for your "contribution".Wonder if they want to do some 89' Ford Festiva T-shirts?:rolling:

·
Banned
232 Posts
Life is too short.
I would contact them, act all flattered, thank them.
Then politely ask if you could have a dozen tee-shirts (including one Ladies XL :D :laughing: )to advertise their product.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Id be flattered. Ask the guy if he has sold a lot of them. Request a free one, then get some new pictures and start selling your own. lol.

·
Banned
3,732 Posts
:agree:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts