Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could take an L48 corvette, put in the 2.4L Ecotec from my HHR, and it wouldnt be much slower........

God Bless progress right?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I could take an L48 corvette, put in the 2.4L Ecotec from my HHR, and it wouldnt be much slower........

Tell you what though.....take a stockish L98 DPFI system, and toss it on there with an agressive chip....and O2 sensor in the heat riser flapper postion...

and watch the performance increase.....I should have kept my old engine, in retrospect.....

·
Registered
636 Posts

Not a big fan of four bangers, but ya gotta admit, with a light little engine like that, it'd sure get around a corner a bunch faster.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Not a big fan of four bangers, but ya gotta admit, with a light little engine like that, it'd sure get around a corner a bunch faster.
Yeh, but with no balls, it ceases to be a VETTE.....

MY ideal would be a all aluminum deep skirted block with a twin turbo setup....6 cyl of course....4.3 would be large enough....figger what?? 700 hp or something....:WTF the GN guys pull better than that....some of them...

·
Registered
759 Posts
My Vettes a Hybrid...Burns Both Gas and Rubber.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My Vettes a Hybrid...Burns Both Gas and Rubber.
:rolling: :smack

I don't care who you are, that's some funny s#%t!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've actually thought about a 4.3 for my '81.

You can get decent performance, mileage, and some additional weight savings.

But I have a long way to go with the car before I have to worry about what engine will go in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts