Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 vette with 68000 miles no mods runs fine, here is the problem after the car is running if i turn it off i have to wait approx 5 mins for it to start again. from what i have been reading online i think it might be my injectors but am looking for some sound advice and also how i can tell if my injectors are bad, i'm a complete noob so i would need step by step instructions of what to do. thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
This may be of no help, but I had the same problem with a 69 Firebird with electronic ignition ( I know, much different engine/car). I would have to wait 5-10 mins before the car would restart. It would slowly crank, sounded and felt like the battery was going dead.

Turned out the timing had advanced too far, by itself (?) Check your timing.
Good luck man

·
Registered
744 Posts
you need to take fuel presure to make sure you are getting fuel also this will tell you if pump starts up. I have one with a three foot hose and I tape it to the windsheild for road test.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
here is the problem after the car is running if i turn it off i have to wait approx 5 mins for it to start again.
Do you mean it won't turn over, or do you mean that it cranks but doesn't start?

If you mean it doesn't start, does the 'five minute' clock seem to reset when you attempt to start it, or does it seem to always be five minutes no matter how many times you attempt to restart it?

from what i have been reading online i think it might be my injectors but am looking for some sound advice and also how i can tell if my injectors are bad, i'm a complete noob so i would need step by step instructions of what to do. thanks in advance for any and all help.
What's the rationale behind the injectors causing this problem? In my experience, injectors don't normally all fail at once.

Someone suggested testing the fuel pressure, and I think that's probably a good idea.

More details from you would give us more to work with, and should give you better results from us.

Steven

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will crank over but it doesnt start as if its not getting gas. as far as the 5 minutes it doesnt matter how many times i try to start it after 5 minutes it will start up. i agree about the fuel pressure and i'm gonna test that this weekend after i buy a gauge. thanks for the advice and will post the results of the fuel after i do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts