Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this started off as me trying to make my idle a little smoother so i started by cleaning the idle control valve sensor and went on with my day and as i got ready to go to the gym i started my , the rpm's shot up to 2500 and would not go down at all , so i drove it thinking to myself they should level out , nope no luck at every stop sign the car maintained at 2500 at idle the brakes could bearly hold it from crossing the intersection, so i decided thats enough so i drove on home , and took off the hot throttle body , as i did that i could hear a drip sizzle drip sizzle sound it sounded like water dripping water on hot metal , i got the pvc tube from the side of the valve cover and used it as a scope and found that the #1 injector was leaking , so i bought the new icv and now my car runs smooth , and tomorrow its time for a new injector and this car will be butter. so in concussion it took one problem to find another , does any one have a spare injector they can lend me??

·
Registered
267 Posts
it sound to me more like a vacuum leak than an injector issue,btw if it fix...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Replace the injector and the O-ring

Then Re-set the Iac valve

I have an LS6 now and forgot exactly how to reset the IAC on the LT1

But as I recall pull the Harness connector from the Iac valve then

Turn the ign on without starting the car

Leave the ign on for 20sec

Then plug the IAC harness connector back in and re-start the car

Then let the computer re-establish idle

There is another way but it is with a hand held programmer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Need an injector?

I replaced my original Rochester because a couple were bad. Is this what you are looking for? Pay the freight and I will ship you one on Tuesday. Brian Smith 214-679-206

1 - 4 of 4 Posts