Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soon to be first time C3 owner! UPDATED with pictures

My Husband and I just bought a 69 project Corvette Coupe.:D

I don't know alot about it yet except the body is in terrific shape. It has no engine, no trans, no interior so obviously we won't be driving it anytime soon.:lookinup::laughing:

It was a repo and we got a great price on it.:thumbsup: It should be here next week so I'll take some pics for you all. My Husband is really anxious to get started on yet another project car and I'm excited it's going to be Corvette this time.:D

Here are some pictures of it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Congratulations !

Get it and Keep it,

"The 1969 corvette is a Collector car"

I owned a 69 when I was a kid

It had a BB 427ci motor in it

Nice car *

Bon

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
You will love it or hate it. But the are great cars and tons of fun. Sounds like you have a blank slate to start with...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will love it or hate it. But the are great cars and tons of fun. Sounds like you have a blank slate to start with...:thumbsup:
It's a Corvette what's to hate? Honestly though I've never even been in a C3 but I can't imagine I'm not going to love it.:D

Thanks everyone, can't wait to share pics with you all.:cheers:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
A 69 is so you..:laughing:.Congrats..:thumbsup:

ZEP and Jill

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Very nice!:thumbsup: Hope you have a couple of oil wells to fund the project. :rolling: But seriously, the journey will be tons of fun and you will have a diamond at the end of the road. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
hmm no engine or trans in it, sounds like a perfect ls engine and 6 speed swap candidate to me;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats on the C3 purchase. I have been considering one myself. Good Luck on the restoration of it and post some pics of before, during, and after...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
VERY COOL!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm no engine or trans in it, sounds like a perfect ls engine and 6 speed swap candidate to me;)
We are thinking about a LS2 engine (like my 05) for it. Once we get the car though and see what it originally came with we may change our minds. This is the fun part.

Oh and it's currently Yellow but that's probably going to change.:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'd run period correct on the car

Meaning I would drop a Stroked 454 with a little Bore will give you 500ci of Cool, period facter

For even more cool facter I'd run a Demon 6pk Carb set-up on top

LS2's are a dime a dozen and the only advantage would be the block is about 55-60lbs lighter

The extra cubes of the 500ci motor will make up for this and then some,

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is the Mustang done or will this be done along with it?

Can't wait to see pics.:thumbsup:
Mustang is getting it's interior done right now. The Corvette will come home (for now) then once the Stang is done we can figure out what's next for our Vette. Don't know where all these cars are going to go yet, we are running out of room.:lookinup::thud:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd run period correct on the car

Meaning I would drop a Stroked 454 with a little Bore will give you 500ci of Cool, period facter

For even more cool facter I'd run a Demon 6pk Carb set-up on top

LS2's are a dime a dozen and the only advantage would be the block is about 55-60lbs lighter

The extra cubes of the 500ci motor will make up for this and then some,
Yeah at this point I'm 100% not sure on any decisions regarding the car.:laughing: I'll keep you all posted on it's progress.:thumbsup:

First things first is it needs to get home.:D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated my thread with pictures.:buhbye:

Does anyone know how I go about seeing what original equipment it had like color, engine, ect.? Is there a website that has all that info available, I have the vin.:huh:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts