Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a widebooty C6 with 325/30/19 on the rear with 235/40/18 in the front. Not sure what the front offset is....

I'm doing the GS front end conversion but it was suggested that my current front wheel/tire combo won't be flush with the new, wider front fenders. As such, it was suggested I upsize to GS front sizes (275/35/18). This means new tires AND wheels (18 x 9.5 +40 offset).

There have been some who have suggested simply going with spacers on the front and save the $$$. Except I am concerned about suspension geometry by going this route (I suspect either way I go I'm going to need to realign regardless).

Comments?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well, Hello, Ken. Eurorod here from that "other" forum. I was banned for a month and found this site. Don't know if I will return. Grumpy seems to have a hard-on for me. lol

Regarding your question, I've never been a big fan of spacers to solve fitment issues. I've heard stories of allignment problems, bump stop problems, even braking problems. Plus, it adds unsprung weight.

Not knowing what wheel you currently have, and assuming you logically want all wheels to match, spacers might be a short term fix. You might find a set of used GS or Z06 wheels for not much $$$.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....if it was me I would opt out for the correct new rims and
tires, adding spacers is just one more thing to be concerned
with, it's like putting on a band-aid.....:laughing:

....good luck either way...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys (and howdy Euro!).

Yea, that is pretty much the conclusion I've come to as well (not to mention the added load on wheel bearings!).

I already have the new tires I need so I guess I'll bite the bullet and order new wheels for the front (C6 Z06 Comp Greys).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts