Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I'm starting to feel like I'm taking advantage of this forum, but it's so great to get educated opinions, and not just those fom the "pushers" at the dealership or parts store. So here 'goes,

Any opinions on spark plugs?

Splitfire? Bosch super4? Champion? Delco? Denso? NGK? any gem amomg them, or maybe sumthin else?

I'm just going through my car this month and doing all of the regular stuff,
fuel filter, air filter, checking hoses wires etc. This week I'm at plugs and wires :rolleyes:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
This is a good question. :thumbsup:

I haven't had any problems w/ using the Delco plugs. I'm using the Rapidfires right now w/ Taylor Spiro Pro wires. The regular Delco plugs are decent too. I'd like to hear opinions about the others too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm going with NGK TR55ix when I tear her down for the cam/header install in 8 weeks, I've read good thing's about them, so we shall see. Gotta get those pucks out there...

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I've heard negative things about splitfires in Vettes. I went with the factory AC Delco plugs, they certainly do the job. I think I went with MSD wires, big fatties.

But, when I do NOS I'll go with a colder plug of course.;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't care for Split Fires. I don't think they are worth the money. I've been using NKG G-Power plugs recently. I like them. I haven't had trouble with the Delco's either.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I like the Delco,s never had a problem with fouling /heat.NGK would be my second choice.kenney:buhbye:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts