Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anybody put 6 x 9 spkrs in side storage compartments?
Not that I know of. It my opinion, that could be about the worst placement for any speaker (it would be OK to use the air in the cubby hole as part of the sub enclosure).

Just remember one thing - when you attend live music, the band is in front of you. Keeping that in mind, ask yourself why you need back speakers. Placement is everything - a mediocre speaker in a great location will out perform a great speaker in a mediocre location.

My frame of reference is that of an IASCA car audio competitor from 1991 - 2002, multiple top 5 world finalist (highest placement - 2nd at finals), and IASCA sound quality judge.

I am about to do my C6. It will be a 2 way front stage and single sub. Stock head unit, digital processing 5 channels of amplification (bi amplified front stage, mono to sub). No rear speakers. No center channel (normal music is only recorded in two channels, Left and Right).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speakers produce the end process -they change audio signal from electrical impulses to the sound that we hear, so they are of vital importance. With speakers, it is imperative that you choose something that matches well with your equipment, your listening area and your listening habits.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Speakers produce the end process -they change audio signal from electrical impulses to the sound that we hear, so they are of vital importance. With speakers, it is imperative that you choose something that matches well with your equipment, your listening area and your listening habits.
Take your vitally important great speaker and put it in a bad location. Now, in another car of the same model, put a decent speaker in a great location. The average speaker will win every time. Some are better on axis vs off axis so pick for the application. Now, if you want to take a great speaker and place it in a great location, :thumbsup:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts