Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a Special Presentation today at the Adams Tent at Bloomington Gold.

Several of us have been quietly (well, not always!) working on a little something, and today this shall be unveiled!

If you will be attending the Show, please stop by the Adams Tent about 2 PM today (Saturday, June 16).

You won't regret it!!!

Steven

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Ok its past 2 pm where are the pictures....

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Busy day!

Here's what we did ...

Several mods and mod bosses got together and wanted to cook up a cool, unique, and Corvette related item to give to Patrick. He's put so much of himself into this site, and has provided a very comfortable and inviting place for us Corvette nuts to hang out and just be ourselves.

We determined that an item that could be traced back to the beginning of Corvette history would be appropriate. Where could such an item be found?

Well, enter General Motors. As you may recall from your Corvette History 101 class, the initial run of Corvettes were built in the Flint, Michigan plant. In 2003, GM destroyed the facility, and donated the bricks from that building to the National Corvette Museum.

We got together and ordered Patrick a commemorative brick (#0906) with the following trascription:

Patrick - Thanks
for creating
DigitalCorvettes.com
From the DC Mods
and Mod Bosses!

Patrick was rendered speechless, which may be explained by the fact that he was overcome with emotion, or it could have been caused by that big hunk of roast that he was trying to swallow when we presented him with the brick.

Anyway, we just wanted to reiterate our appreciation for the work that Patrick has put into this site, and provide him with a lasting momento of that appreciation (assuming that he doesn't use it to break someone's window, of course!).

Thanks, Patrick!

Steven
On behalf of all the Moderators and Pit Crew Mod Bosses

I stupidly forgot to get a good shot of the plaque, so if anyone gets a chance, please add it to this thread.

Thanks!
Steven

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Thats cool,sorry I missed it

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Very cool. Congrats Patrick. Definitely a big thank you for all you do .

Now put a handle on that thing and you can carry it with you everywhere. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
There will be a Special Presentation today at the Adams Tent at Bloomington Gold.

Several of us have been quietly (well, not always!) working on a little something, and today this shall be unveiled!

If you will be attending the Show, please stop by the Adams Tent about 2 PM today (Saturday, June 16).

You won't regret it!!!

Steven
You guys are simply awesome. Talk about leaving a guy fumbling for the right words. I am charging some batteries for my camera so I can snap some pics of 6 pounds of Corvette history.

Just the coolest freaking thing. I've carried it around the house with me tonight..:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I was right there and had no idea this even happened. Thats awesome!

Patrick: Keep it on the mantel in plain sight for everyone to see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts