Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer doesn't work in my '69. My only assumption (because all other gauges work) is that the speedo is disconnected.

The problem is... I can't figure out where the cable is or goes.

Help is appreciated, and pictures are priceless. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link Dojo. That helps A LOT! :) It's looking like I'm going to have to remove the dash to check my gauge connection. I found out the reason it didn't work was, as I thought, it had been disconnected. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to connect it from under/behind the dash.

I'll keep it up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you really have no way of reaching up and plugging it in with the dash pad in place, I pretty sure you will have to drop the steering column down (think its two bolts which fix it to the bracket) First remove the lower steering column cover dho. Then remove the screws fixing the dash pad 2 on the LH side, 3 on the top edge and two on the RH side. You should then be able to slide the dash pad towards you, but be very carefull, the plastic of the meters is very brittle, there are vacuum hoses from the light switch and a very thick wiring harness running on top of the speedo and tach indicators.
Nick

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Best way is to find a neighborhood kid that's 12 years old and thinks your Vette is about the coolest thing on the planet. Then stuff him under the dash.
If he's older than 12, he probably won't fit.

:rolling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts