Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few glasses of wine, My wife is out of town, and I spent all night watching DVR'd episodes of just about every car show there is.

The C3 section is rockin'. Everyone is getting along. Now I want to get personal.........

What are your ultimate dreams, aspirations, goals, and fantasies about your C3?

I know alot of you are in the middle of your restoration, restomod and/or modifications. I also know that alot of you are like me and have your vette and have dreams that currently outweight your budgets. Not to mention those who have not realized their Corvette dreams yet.

When I get in my 76' on a cruise night a certain nostalgia hit me. The weird thing is that it is a nostalgia that I have never known. Being 29, the 76' is a year older than me, and definitely a few years younger than my state of mind. My Vette reminds me of a southern Cali type of cruisin'. I love blastin Beach Boys, and other songs from the beach, big block, hot rod era.

My ultimate and most important goal is to one day have a 427 in my car. I already have the white lettered tires(which I believe I will always have), I have done the white faced gages, and the only other thing I really want is a custom paint job with a big block hood.

Some day...............................some day.
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Cute, tonight MY wife is outta town in Valdosta Ga. at an amusement park with her 3 kids/their wives/husband, and 7 grandkids, which is why I"m not along....7 little kids??:crazy: :crazy: :WTF

at any rate, I think I have pretty well solved all the problems and got my '72 vert here to where I want it, mechanically, and so to do the top someday, not that I need it, being Florida and all, I could care less that it's not perfect...it's down 99% of the time....

I would love to paint it the colors of the Mako Shark show cars of the early 60's.....white on bottom, fading to yellow/green/blue-green/blue/black on top....

next life....

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY DREAMS IS TO SELL MY CORVETTE !! AND BUY A 1949 V W WITH ROUND SIDE WINDOWS !!:spanked:
Does it remind you of your childhood?????????:rolling:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
To have my vette completely restored now so i could enjoy driving it more.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To have my vette completely restored now so i could enjoy driving it more.
I hear ya, I have worked very hard to keep mine driveable during the in-between times.........

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Go to KC. Get Tim drunk. Paint my Disco Buggy Red Krylon. Switch keys. See how far I can get without 357 chaser.:rolling:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd like to someday turn my tired 350 into a stout 383 stroker and mate it to a five speed. Paint job (LeMans Blue). Just make it an all around super-cruiser.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Go to KC. Get Tim drunk. Paint my Disco Buggy Red Krylon. Switch keys. See how far I can get without 357 chaser.:rolling:
:rolling: :rolling: I bet not to freakin far, but if you accomplish this act of suicide call me and i will give you directions to my house, better buy a lot of beer though, he's a pretty big fellow as you know, probably take alot to get him drunk :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: I bet not to freakin far, but if you accomplish this act of suicide call me and i will give you directions to my house, better buy a lot of beer though, he's a pretty big fellow as you know, probably take alot to get him drunk :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:laughing:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, Im right in the middle of my resto mod on my 77. Doing the modern theme. LS6, 5 speed, rack and pinion, upgraded suspension, 18" wheels, ect. My goal for this car is to go road racing on the weekends and cruise on friday nights. Every ounce of time I have and every penny I own is going into this car. Of course, Im only 21 so thats not exactly a lot :laughing: ! Just came in from doing some powder coating on some suspension parts. Only one more mock assembly to go before the chassis is put together for the last time :partyon:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:laughing:
:rolling: :rolling: you are on a roll tonight :laughing: must have a case of the Rocky Mtn High, better find some oxygene soon.:laughing:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good luck. I bet an enema wouldn't help.:rolling:
NOW NOW DREAMS ARE GREAT :thumbsup:
SAVE SOME BEER FOR ME.:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I'd like to someday turn my tired 350 into a stout 383 stroker and mate it to a five speed. Paint job (LeMans Blue). Just make it an all around super-cruiser.
Well i have pulled my 350 out but it's not going to be stroked. i have one being built though it started as a 383 stroker around 400hp,it is now a 388 stroker around 465hp, the whileImatIt's got the best of me :crazy: and with any luck March will have serp system finished soon and i can get my motor in another week :D with any luck that is :thud: my car has been down for a month now and i have went through it and have done more than i originally wanted, so till the motor gets here the door to the garage is locked :WTF

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'de like to be finished with mine and be able to drive it. It's just a dream, I know, but someday, it may be a reality. :crazy:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm still at a crossroads with mine...maybe a single turbo blow thru system...but that does work with the sidepipes I want to put on. :crazy:
So maybe a blower :huh:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Mods for my 69 Killer Shark....

1. Block the body all back down and re-shoot it again to get that super slick perfection it was in 2001 once again.
2. yank the 468 EFI and swap with the yet to be released GM Performance 500 cid LSx block - with drive by wire EFI and cruise control
3. Swap the Richond ROD 6 for a T56
4. Install the new Vintage Air LSx front runner pulleys with the currnet vintage a/c system
5. Figure out how to install C6 Z06 brakes on all four corners
6. Clean and detail some supsension and other components showing their age and abuse and........

Drive the snot out of it again.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts