Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This pic makes the car look more sleek than some of the others.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm not liking it, it reminds me of the old Viper too much. Hopefully the real deal will look more Vette-like. Heres to hoping the camera messed up and it doesnt look like that! :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
NemesisX said:
I'm not liking it, it reminds me of the old Viper too much. Hopefully the real deal will look more Vette-like. Heres to hoping the camera messed up and it doesnt look like that! :cheers:
FAKED!!!!!

That picture has been altered, no doubt about it.

The shadows that define the body lines at the top of the fenders and rear driver door and quarters has obviously been added to the picture.

Based on the lighting, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE that the shadows could be natural, even if they added fake body pieces to throw us off. In order for that to be real, there needs to be a 2 inch deep crease there.

So, that said, is this another GM bullshit spy shot? Whoever put this pic together wants us to see something that is not there.

If you look at how dark those curved lines are, and compare them with the door handle opening and the bottom of the rockers, you'll see that the creases just don't make sense.

FAKED!!!!!
:down:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Are you sure its fake Pat. I just want to know what that line is over the door handles.:huh:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
FAKED!!!!!

That picture has been altered, no doubt about it.

The shadows that define the body lines at the top of the fenders and rear driver door and quarters has obviously been added to the picture.

Based on the lighting, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE that the shadows could be natural, even if they added fake body pieces to throw us off. In order for that to be real, there needs to be a 2 inch deep crease there.

So, that said, is this another GM bullshit spy shot? Whoever put this pic together wants us to see something that is not there.

If you look at how dark those curved lines are, and compare them with the door handle opening and the bottom of the rockers, you'll see that the creases just don't make sense.

FAKED!!!!!
:down:

Pat's absolutely right. Those shadows would require a concave lip at the peak of the fenders, plus the shadows are a lot darker and a different color than the rest of the car. Bastards!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
JWLaRue said:
Perhaps its not a shadow, but some lines drawn on the cloth?

-Jeff
:agree:
That doesnt look like a shadow to me . It looks like a lip of some sort.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
looks like the body side molding is a little high up on the side of the car:laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If this picture is real or not, I think that it looks like a god damn Viper. Ok i might be saying Viper to much but look at the damn thing. The car is supposed to be a competitor to the viper not a damn double. You know how they have the Eclipse and Talon that are basicly sister cars, thats what it looks like with the new vette and viper. The vette should carry a completely different look than the viper, I mean what is this, the olsen twins?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
56vettelover said:
The car is supposed to be a competitor to the viper not a damn double.
Nope
Dave Hill himself said the Viper is not a competitor of the Vette. I believe the Mustang is the Corvettes main enemy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm with Jeff. Those look like lines painted on the material camo to fool the eye. The front begins to look real. Which doen't match the split front shown in the German mag. I suspose you could camo a split front by that technique. Would depend on how much you were messing around with other people's minds.:huh:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Jlreyna said:
Mustang?
Competition?
:rolling:
Unfortunatly this is true, the Mustang is the closest piece of American muscle out there since they cancelled the Camaro and Firebird lines. But look on the up side, the 2003 Cobra has 390hp for $35,000. Of course mere horsepower isn't what the 'Vette is all about, and thats why the Z06 costs $15,000 more (WELL worth it if you ask me).

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
56vettelover said:
If this picture is real or not, I think that it looks like a god damn Viper. Ok i might be saying Viper to much but look at the damn thing. The car is supposed to be a competitor to the viper not a damn double. You know how they have the Eclipse and Talon that are basicly sister cars, thats what it looks like with the new vette and viper. The vette should carry a completely different look than the viper, I mean what is this, the olsen twins?

:surprised

1 - 20 of 21 Posts