1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
hmmmm... the vert top is a different color or is that a camoed FRC.:huh:

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Blazing Saddles reference was entertaining, but other than that nothin much new. I don't think these spy shots will get much hype or inspire any of our local artists to make a new chop.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Doesnt any1 else Notice the color of the top in the Mirror???
Thats something Ive never seen before. Any1 wanna speculate?
Or is it just me. =/

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nose comes to a point

The nose is pointed and sloped in a similar way that the Motor Trend sketches looked. All the wheels are black and look very plain. The 5 spoke look is getting a bit old, Chevy should make them different to start a new style trend.

My first thought were that the pics were photo-shopped..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Still a C5 look alike

Last time I went to the doctor my vision was very good. Am I going blind now or are the spy pics a ditto of a C5 with minor mods? I am not paying an extra $6K-15$K for a 2005 over a 2004 C5 if it is just a re-vamp of 1993 technology (which is when the C5 was first designed). GM I have driven Corvettes since 1990 and am on my second. GET MY BUSINESS BY MAKING AN INNOVATIVE CAR. America is taking risks politically and you need to as well. Dave Hill, do the right things as we are demanding an industry standard vehicle (fit, build technology and investment from GM in materials). I am just a bit bored of seeing C5 look alikes with big butts wrapped up in pampers. I'd hate to go buy a foreign sportscar...but if the product does not match up in performance materials and features I may have to.

A Corvette Loyalist.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i will say that it's tan instead of black:laughing: other than that,it looks like a C5 convertable with a few bumper changes,and a slightly different hood slope.they still got the 4-wheel drive stance too.i can see myself NOT owning one,unless the Z06 model has a body kit and 500 + hp.then maybe.thats still aways away though.my car will probably have 500hp by then.just my opinion:laughing: fwiw.:smokin:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
i will say that it's tan instead of black:laughing: other than that,it looks like a C5 convertable with a few bumper changes,and a slightly different hood slope.they still got the 4-wheel drive stance too.i can see myself NOT owning one,unless the Z06 model has a body kit and 500 + hp.then maybe.thats still aways away though.my car will probably have 500hp by then.just my opinion:laughing: fwiw.:smokin:
So what if the C6 is a C5 with a new engine? Whats so wrong with the body styles of the C5. You guys know that the camo is hiding things right. Why cant you see your self owning 1 when you own a C5? You say it looks to much like a C5 and it has more HP but you dont want one. How can someone that loves the C5 hate a car that looks Just like it and has more Hp. I just dont get the people that say the C6 is to C5ish. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
It isn't going to look exactly like a C5, just some people feel that GM didn't create a new enough design. I don't think we can really judge it until all the camo is removed at Detroit. I also think that other colors will improve the new look of the car.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
TreCool626 said:
It isn't going to look exactly like a C5, just some people feel that GM didn't create a new enough design. I don't think we can really judge it until all the camo is removed at Detroit. I also think that other colors will improve the new look of the car.
:agree:
How can you really judge a car that you cant fully see.?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do we know that we are seeing the final body panels on these test vehicles? Or even real C6 body panels at all?

Given some of the sneaky things that the C5 team did with C4 look-alike body panels on the original test mule (CERV IV) and then building a C5 chassis under a set of Camaro skins, I'd be skeptical of any pre-announcement photo.

-Jeff

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JWLaRue said:
How do we know that we are seeing the final body panels on these test vehicles? Or even real C6 body panels at all?

Given some of the sneaky things that the C5 team did with C4 look-alike body panels on the original test mule (CERV IV) and then building a C5 chassis under a set of Camaro skins, I'd be skeptical of any pre-announcement photo.

-Jeff
I'd agree, except there are SO MANY beta cars, and the pics match the descriptions of the insiders.... for them to have some other secret body... well I think the odds are slim at this point. I think most of the dramatic styling will be in the front and rear.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Re: Still a C5 look alike

jerseyvette said:
I am not paying an extra $6K-15$K for a 2005 over a 2004 C5
The C6 WILL NOT be $6K-$15K more than a '04 C5, it will probably be around 3% higher than the final MSRP of the C5.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Loggins1 said:
So what if the C6 is a C5 with a new engine? Whats so wrong with the body styles of the C5. You guys know that the camo is hiding things right. Why cant you see your self owning 1 when you own a C5? You say it looks to much like a C5 and it has more HP but you dont want one. How can someone that loves the C5 hate a car that looks Just like it and has more Hp. I just dont get the people that say the C6 is to C5ish. :rolleyes:
relax there big daddy.i love the C5,my personal favorite generation.i've done a lot of custom things to it,and have it well over half paid off.so now,why by one that looks very similar.i agree you can't see the whole car,but it still has the same shape of a C5.i don't hate it.i just don't want to trade in a great car that i have modded and bonded with,to get a car thats almost the same,and start the payments all over.
those are not C5 body panels in the spy shot,the side vent much wider,hood slope different,front fender skirts in front of tire different,roof and hatch different.i do think it will be a great car,but i'm just not going to get rid of my car until a totall redesign is done(body),and of coarse,hope i like it.have a good weekend:smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hawaii-5-lo said:
relax there big daddy.i love the C5,my personal favorite generation.i've done a lot of custom things to it,and have it well over half paid off.so now,why by one that looks very similar.i agree you can't see the whole car,but it still has the same shape of a C5.i don't hate it.i just don't want to trade in a great car that i have modded and bonded with,to get a car thats almost the same,and start the payments all over.
those are not C5 body panels in the spy shot,the side vent much wider,hood slope different,front fender skirts in front of tire different,roof and hatch different.i do think it will be a great car,but i'm just not going to get rid of my car until a totall redesign is done(body),and of coarse,hope i like it.have a good weekend:smokin:
Yep, we WILL not see a dramatic change like the C3-->C4 .. or the C4--> C5 change.

I don't blame them, the C5 is a great car, and all they need to do is take it to the next level.:agree:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts