Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good solution for squeaky suspension bushings? I know....new ones! No time for that now. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with some type of lubricant. I'd rather just squirt 'em for the time being.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jim Sitton said:
Has anyone found a good solution for squeaky suspension bushings? I know....new ones! No time for that now. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with some type of lubricant. I'd rather just squirt 'em for the time being.
When I started getting squeaky suspension sounds, it turned out to be my rear shocks.

Does it happen more when it's colder out? Mine did.

How does the car ride?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shocks have less than 5000 miles on them and the car rides fine. The squeaking has gotten worse as the temperature dropped. Could be the shocks though I guess. They were installed by the previous owner...probably Wal Mart cheapies.

The squeaking is driving me nuts! Maybe I should put some quality shocks on and see if that solves it.

Thanks Patrick

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jim Sitton said:
My shocks have less than 5000 miles on them and the car rides fine. The squeaking has gotten worse as the temperature dropped. Could be the shocks though I guess. They were installed by the previous owner...probably Wal Mart cheapies.

The squeaking is driving me nuts! Maybe I should put some quality shocks on and see if that solves it.

Thanks Patrick
My Grand Sport shocks only had 38k on them, and they were SHOT. When they were off the car, you could expand and contract them like an accordian in your hands.

I put on some Z51 Bilstein shocks ($299 for 4) and not only do they greatly reduce body roll, but the ride is kick ass and firm... not harsh. No squeaks from my car!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My ride suffers from sqeakey bushing syndrome also. I bought new bushings at Carlisle this year but I'm to damn lazy to put them in. Next time I get an energy rush I will do the job.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I spreyed wd-40 on all my bushings....works for a few weeks ....then you have to do it again....most of the squeeking was in the front sway bar/ spring on my car!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used Royal Purple Syn Aerosol Lube on all of the rubber bushings, helped until next heavy rain storm.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts