Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Autoweek 11/17/03

"SRT-4 sales screaming

When Dodge first envisioned building a performance version of its Neon subcompact, internal estimates suggested sales might reach 1000 per year.

By the time the vehicle hit the market earlier this year, that number had already been revised upward to 3000.

Now Dodge marketing chief David Kimball says the earlier projections need another adjustment, given the company is on track to sell 10,000 SRT-4's per year and will likely decide soon to boost annual production to 13,000 cars.

The SRT-4 will still be hard to come by, no doubt, considering the 2004 models horsepower increases by 15 to 230 hp and the car gets a limited-slip differential, all for the slightly higher base price of $20,995"

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
As per Autoweek 11/17/03

"SRT-4 sales screaming

When Dodge first envisioned building a performance version of its Neon subcompact, internal estimates suggested sales might reach 1000 per year.

By the time the vehicle hit the market earlier this year, that number had already been revised upward to 3000.

Now Dodge marketing chief David Kimball says the earlier projections need another adjustment, given the company is on track to sell 10,000 SRT-4's per year and will likely decide soon to boost annual production to 13,000 cars.

The SRT-4 will still be hard to come by, no doubt, considering the 2004 models horsepower increases by 15 to 230 hp and the car gets a limited-slip differential, all for the slightly higher base price of $20,995"

Um.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Damn, My car has 230. But i bet that thing has like 15 lbs of torque. Not a big Compact car fan.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, contraire!!

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph

Sport Compact Car: 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds

Brooke McClelland wrote: According to their chassis dyno, this Neon puts out 223 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque at the wheels!
Apex Technology has dynoed the SRT-4 and found 248 hp - at the wheels!

The above are bone stock. Pretty easy and cheap to upgrade to a stage 3. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
Oh, contraire!!

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph

Sport Compact Car: 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds

Brooke McClelland wrote: According to their chassis dyno, this Neon puts out 223 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque at the wheels!
Apex Technology has dynoed the SRT-4 and found 248 hp - at the wheels!

The above are bone stock. Pretty easy and cheap to upgrade to a stage 3. :thumbsup:
So thats why they call it a mini viper. I would get a WRX Sti or an Evo 8 before id get the SRT-4. They do have good numbers.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loggins1 said:
So thats why they call it a mini viper.
Never heard that one before. I guess it would make a good little sister for my Vipers. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
ViperSnake I noticed theres A truck in your Avatar. Just wondering what it is. By the way your Cars are beautiful. I think the SRT-4 would be a nice addition to your collection.

Cheers...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why thanks!! :)

I love my truck, but it's time to say goodbye to the truck or the Vette. The truck is a '97 F150 styleside, or flairside. Can't remember what they call it. It's a blast for off roading!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, That pic was taken when my Viper was dead, had to jump it with the truck. I need to get a good pic of "the boys" before one of them is gone. :(

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
or.......
you can buy a corvette, keep it bone stock and not challenge your manhood when you jump in the SRT-BORE
LOL just kiddin... If you have 2 vipers and a C5 than I guess theres not much more to buy except compacts.... am i right? lol
Im just not a big fan of Compacts, too fast and the furious........... I was untill I heard a 454 rumble after I turned the key! It scarred the **** outta me... thats when I knew the only way to turn was Chev's! and its been uphill from there... Cruising in a 35th Aniversary Camaro(topless), Goin 210(km) (w/ plenty of juice left)!! in a C5 and 160(m/ph) in a C4....
I have been in a viper...even drivin one up my driveway, but it didn't do it for me!(we were goin slow) I love big block chevs and small block V8's are no exception!

Other Chevs that got me hooked...(69 vette w/ a 427, 64 Impala 409, 1994 Impala SS, 1970 Chevelle SS 396, 57 Bel-air Vert 305, 1991 454 SS(silverado))

So as you can see Chevrolet has givin me more than enough reasons for my loyalty and loyal is what I will be untill death do us part...:thumbsup: :partyon: :excited: :cool: ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bingo. I have no "manhood" about me. :stick:

One vehicle's gotta go to make room. Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hmm I say Toss the Black Rt/10 and get a 2006 C6 corvette.:laughing: Or toss the vette and buy a C6. :laughing:

Either way you come out on top.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
Thanks for the advice.:lookinup: :laughing:
Thats what im here for.:stick:

I would say toss the vette and get the SRT-4. I think you might need that truck in the winter. Thats my real advise. And the when the C6 comes out you can buy one. :laughing:

Cheers..
:cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
Bingo. I have no "manhood" about me. :stick:

One vehicle's gotta go to make room. Decisions decisions!
umm..you could always just tell me when and where to pick up the car that you have to get rid of....i'll give it a good home free of charge

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I say build a bigger garage!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
whatever floats your boat,i would get an XLR.:buhbye:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
BTW, That pic was taken when my Viper was dead, had to jump it with the truck. I need to get a good pic of "the boys" before one of them is gone. :(
As tempermental as you vehicles have been shouldn't you refer to them as "girls" instead of "boys"......:laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts