Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've heard talks of 635hp-680hp and sub 3000lbs. You guys wanna guess the weight or see if you come close to it and also make a speculation on the torque numbers?:D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thats no fair. Explorer 97 will win.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C'mon explorer 97 even u can take a guess, right?? My guess is 650hp and 550ft lbs, weight: 3020lbs

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
GM numbers: 650hp/650tq

Real numbers:devil: : 715hp, 660tq

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well...I've heard what kind of HP the LS9 is making on a stand. The first number ain't "6."
I bet they wont rate it at 7xx, rather 6xx. But, I bet it will be underrated like always and actualy put out 7xx bhp. As far as the weight, lets hope for 3000 or under. That would be wild.

·
Registered
22 Posts
won't the ss be a bit more noseheavy than the z06. With the addition of the charger and intercooler they would need to take off all the weight from the front and not so much off the back. Taking more weight off the back would bias the weight even more towards the front

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would be impressed if they got the weight bellow 3000, That much power with that little weight would be sick :partyon:

·
Registered
134 Posts
What does on the stand mean? Just dynoing the engine by itself without load and driveline loss and other things?? 700's on the stand just sounds insane and frickin awesome!! Thanks a lot Explorer!! You're the MAN!!:partyon: :cheers: :excited:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a feeling that they will definately underrate the engine, or they are at least telling the public 650 so Dodge or someone else doesn't get the smart idea to get the viper or GT up just above that. I have a feeling that the hp will be a little above 700, whether or not GM officially says it. With torque somewhere in the upper 600's, and weight around 2950-3000. That little see through hood peice is just one part of losing some weight:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts