Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some new tires, but don't know whether to stick with my staggered tire sizes or not. When i had my stock wheels, they were 8.5" front and 9.5" rear. But with my aftermarket wheels, i had no choice but to get 9.5" all around. I kept the same tires, so i'm still currently staggered at 255's in the front and 285's in the rear.

Would you guys stick with the staggered sizes, or should i change them all to 275's? One benefit i can think of by making them all the same is that i'd finally be able to rotate my tires :surprised

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i just put the largest tire i can fit on each corner. I am not concerned with rotating my tires- the cost for me balances out between replacing all 4 more often, or replacing 2 more often and 2 less often....

really it depends on your driving style. If you dont really push your vette around corners and such, it really wont matter as much if the tires are the same size.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I went with the same sizes on all 4 for rotating when I had my C4.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
872 Posts
In the c4 they car does work out very well when the tires are close or the same size. I have 275s all around and it works very well. With proper alignment upkeep rotating really isn't an issue.

·
Registered
674 Posts
go with the 275's all the way around, you won't regret it, i ran it that way for a long time, i now run 275 fronts and 285 rears, but only because I got a deal on the set w/285

1 - 6 of 6 Posts