Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change brake fluid and some new pads up front wouldn't hurt either so a friend recommended I upgrade to the stainless steel brake hoses. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good place to buy these ? I haven't done much looking around, offhand I know Zip sells a set for $119.
I know it's not much $ but just curious anyone who has done this upgrade was it worth it?
I have read these should give a firmer pedal, did you actually feel a difference ?
thanks

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
my neighor owns the right stuff which makes reproduction brake lines...let me get his phone number and post it here for you....

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
vettn94 said:
I need to change brake fluid and some new pads up front wouldn't hurt either so a friend recommended I upgrade to the stainless steel brake hoses. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good place to buy these ? I haven't done much looking around, offhand I know Zip sells a set for $119.
I know it's not much $ but just curious anyone who has done this upgrade was it worth it?
I have read these should give a firmer pedal, did you actually feel a difference ?
thanks
It is worth it Since you are changing pads.. I did not feel that much of a difference, but I am happy with them.. I have the Russell lines, I got at Pep Boys in 1995 I think.. I paid $100 I think

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just upgraded to cross drilled.. and the SS brake lines... very small difference in pedal feel.. stoping is great.. I think I paid 112$ I used earls performance plumbing made by hollley...

GO for it why not not a hard upgrade at all.. plus they look cool.. hee hee..
-Rick

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
vetten94 i talked to my neighbor....the number is 1-800-405-2000 the person you'll need to talk to is jason...

·
Registered
509 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
nick is not worried about installing them.. that is what I am here for.. LOL
Oops... I didn't mean it like that.. I know.. I just ment it was an easy upgrade or something like that.. I dunno.. but yes.. I agree...
-Rick

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I put them on my 72 a couple of years ago, and I believe the pedal feel was better. The 95 will get them this next winter.:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts