Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I take my 84 vette somewhat quick (not that fast at all)on a turn it will lose all response from the gas pedal. It also dies when I try to floor it and get the tires spinning from a dead stop, or while doing a 360 from a stand still. It doesnt happen as much on a full tank as it does with about a half a tank or less. I noticed when at a dead stop it will stall when it nears 4000rpm. I'm not really sure why this happens but I'm betting its probably a common problem.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
blakblur said:
Whenever I take my 84 vette somewhat quick (not that fast at all)on a turn it will lose all response from the gas pedal. It also dies when I try to floor it and get the tires spinning from a dead stop, or while doing a 360 from a stand still. It doesnt happen as much on a full tank as it does with about a half a tank or less. I noticed when at a dead stop it will stall when it nears 4000rpm. I'm not really sure why this happens but I'm betting its probably a common problem.
stalling while at a dead stop at 4000RPM is your rev limiter other than that you may have a baffle problem inside your fuel tank.... if you rig-up a fuel pressure guage you can read while driving (taped to the windshield) You may find your loosing fuel pressure! If so you'll need to pull your tank & inspect the pump/baffles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts