Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story about Peter Max's 36 "lost" Corvettes really started back in 2005. The story was revived in 2010 when the NY Times started sniffing around and the Corvettes (possibly in response to the nosing around) were secretly moved to a new location. That new location has since been found. Only a few people know the exact location, myself included.

All *NEW* and recent developments from 2010 ...

This whole story started in 2005...

Full listing of all Peter Max Corvettes discussion threads/posts starting in 2005​

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Thanks for the index. Keeps everything easily accessible.

Looks like the site is about to get a fair amount of exposure from this. You and the site are mentioned in every article.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Somebody has to know where they went..

Does Peter Max still own them?
I think the general consensus is that he does still own them though I think I read in one of the links there is now an outside person pouring money into the project. One of the links mentions they are now at a facility in upper Manhattan but does not ID the facility. Also that he plans now to move forward with the project, but in a way that would please a Corvette guy. We'll see.

Shortly after the cars were moved, I got to speak with Mr. Max, who told me he had a new plan to paint the cars in a more subtle style, with gradually blending colors based on original Corvette paint. His studio sent along a few images of some mockups, toys painted in accord with his new approach.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was following the saga in 2005 on this very long "investigation" ...cool to see things moving...

Christian

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
Still concerned... Depending on the condition of the 53, it should be left as NCRS survivor status or restored to its original glory. He'll destroy the 53 left to his own devices...

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still concerned... Depending on the condition of the 53, it should be left as NCRS survivor status or restored to its original glory. He'll destroy the 53 left to his own devices...
When I inspected the 1953 Corvette, I noticed it was previously repainted a slightly brighter white. And, the steering wheel also was not original.

So, it'll never be a Survivor, but it'd make a dang good restoration project.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's his car, he should do what he wants. Some people might not like it but it's his. How many white 53s can you look at?

Mark.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts