Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's his car, he should do what he wants. Some people might not like it but it's his. How many white 53s can you look at?
As many as you'll line up.

1954 and on, I don't care what you do with it. Make it a 4x4 with 66" goodyears. But, the 1953 Corvette? Leave it alone.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I first read about this about a two years ago after searching the forms. It honestly had me obsessed to find out more and more. It's an amazing story, one that is not in favor of us corvette guys but amazing none the less.

I even sent email's to Jay Leno and other owners with large car collections (and money) with pictures, Hoping they could somehow save the car's from Peter max and his hippie paint jobs.

I can't tell you just how happy I was to see this in my email inbox. Ive been wanting for something to happen. Ive been hoping that he would go bankrupt and the cars would hit auction.

Thanks Patrick! Believe it or not In many ways, After 5 years you may have finally saved the corvette collection by bringing it to the world. Im sure that as many times as you was mentioned in the links , People noticed. And 5 years to get a millionare off his ass is quick. Between that and this site I believe you should be put on the Corvette hall of fame list or at lest given a brick at the national corvette museum. If they won't give you one, I would be happy to chip in on one :thumbsup:

BTW: Their are more shades of white then any other color in the world. As a painter I can tell you it is hard to match whites in the automotive world.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Someone was in the right place at the right time, we now have the location of the 36 Corvettes. More coming...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I remember reading about this sad situation when I first bought my 06 and joined this forum.
I hope it ends without these cars being submitted to even further abuse.

I have a question for the C1 experts.
I see parts and pieces of them at Carlisle every year, but I always wonder how many of the original (300) 53’s are still “alive” intact and accounted for?
Anyone know ???

Shawn S

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I
I have a question for the C1 experts.
I see parts and pieces of them at Carlisle every year, but I always wonder how many of the original (300) 53’s are still “alive” intact and accounted for?
Anyone know ???

Shawn S
I've read that between 125-140 remain. But then again I just read that 253 are known to have survived. :huh:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Just got my email newsletter from the NCM and Digital Corvette
gets a plug from this story on the missing Corvette's.

Congrats Patrick :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Big Props Patrick!:thumbsup: I too received my email from the NCM only to see a direct link for Digital Corvettes! Makes me proud to be a "Lifetime Member" round here.

Keep up the great work.......:partyon:

·
Registered
355 Posts
He should leave that 1953 alone. It's not meant to be a canvas for anything.
None of these car is as far as I can see. Then to know how difficult it is to get your hands on a prime car like those you see in the picture. Sad.

Remembers me what money can do in the hands of an indiot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a total trip for me, because when I was a kid, my dad sold VH-1 our 1973 Stingray for the contest and here I am 50 now and I saw our car in the garage where he left them and it brought back some cool old memories !! Cool website too btw !!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
This is a total trip for me, because when I was a kid, my dad sold VH-1 our 1973 Stingray for the contest and here I am 50 now and I saw our car in the garage where he left them and it brought back some cool old memories !! Cool website too btw !!
Welcome to DC

That is cool to be part of history You don't happen to have any old pics of it you can scan do you?

·
Registered
976 Posts
YA,hope ya find some pics.kewl story !
The Max Vette article was how I found this forum.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts