Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
After much thought and coming to reality I have made a major decision on my corvette build. My body just want let me keep on with this kind of work as it is with a heavy heart I am going to sell everything to someone that has the desire to finish it. I do know that I will not even get close to what I have in this project so someone it going to get a great start on a C3 build.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Mark sorry to hear about your project but I sure do understand. More and more we will see this, it will be interesting to see the age group that looks at your car. If you get younger guys, say under 45 that would be a good sign but I doubt it. It is a lot easier and cheaper to build a vette then your body, at least you can walk away from vette problems. Wishing you the best.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hey Mark-

Man I feel your pain- physically and emotionally! I too at 57 am starting to realize I'm not immortal. You have a incredible build going on there- Nothing was not done top notch. I miss the old days of all the builds going on-but the forum slowly died. I would think one of your son's would be interested? I wish you and your family the best- and it sounds like you are just having to put priorities first.

Good luck-

Richard

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Thanks Gary and Richard, it was the paint removal that did me in, took a long time for my joints to recover and every time I thought about sanding and body work I just could not make myself do it. I have not put it on the market yet because I want to do it right and list everything I have to offer.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that, Mark. Your did such an amazing job on the car up until now. I miss the days when we were both building and dreaming. I definitely know what you are talking about, though.
I wish you the best, and keep in touch, okay.
Brent

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Hi Mark, we have never met or messaged but I'm sorry to hear that you are going to have to pass your project on. I'm sure it was a tough decision for you. Believe me, I really do understand. I'm barely just south of 70 and cancer keeps getting in my way. I'll stay with my project as long as I possibly can, knowing that the day may come for me at any time. In any case, I sincerely wish you the best of everything. And check back in every once in a while!!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I found this project way too late and I must say that I feel utterly destroyed that you have had to call it quits on your project. You have done awesome work restoring your Vette. I was really hoping the end of this thread was you enjoying the drive in your completed project. I feel your disappointment and pain. I have been trying to finish my project for almost 14 years. The difference is that I don't have the skills that you do so I have mainly relied on others to do the work. For you to have to stop now is a loss for both you and everyone who has been touched by reading about your project. I am truly sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
510 Posts
Your fine project was always one of the main threads on here to enjoy and i was looking forward to see the finished build.
Since it developed into a stress factor to you, i am sure you will feel "inner liberation" when moving away from it, which will do it`s good to body and soul.
Good luck with the sale and don`t forget to check in here from time to time.
Maybe a newer Vette with basically just the need of putting gas in and checking oil level will do the trick in the future ?

541 - 549 of 549 Posts