Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started the paint stripping on my 82 this morning, getting it ready for the color change. i will sand the rest off. not stripping all the way down to the glass. it comes off very easy. here are the pics.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Shame to see that, IMO, it was a very pretty blue, looked good in Pix too,...I had a '70 Lemans/GTO with a similar color....

:thud:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the paint was in great shape, it was like a mirror. when i painted it @ 2 yrs ago i sanded it back down and recleared it.
i was just tired of that color, it was to close to my Grand Sport blue. when i went to the NCM this year i saw a 90 or 91 corvette that was steel blue and i knew then what color my 82 would be soon:laughing:
here is some more pics. and 1 from when i painted it 2 yrs ago

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Let the stripping begin:surprised

·
Registered
893 Posts
:surprised OH NOOO!!!:surprised You used chemical stripper. Not so good for the long run cause it'll leak through down the line.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:surprised OH NOOO!!!:surprised You used chemical stripper. Not so good for the long run cause it'll leak through down the line.
Not if He uses Acetone or equivalent to neutralize the stripper when finished
and then throughly cleans the surface before doing any prep or body work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
theres a big diff between after i da it down and after i block it with 80 then 180. it feels pretty straight now. 2 coats of primer and block it then watersand it with p600 and its off to the spray booth.
heres the latest.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts