Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, as i approach the end of my engine build, i have everything i need except the starter and the radiator to be able to do a test run on the newly rebuild engine. My dad had a friend who recently removed a mini high torque starter off one of his cars, He thought it was from a 327. I bolted it up to the block and it fit fine and everything the only problem i had was that the drive gear did not line up with the flywheel. I did not shim the starter, but i was not worried about this because the drive gear was too far off in the first place, the shims wouldnt have made a difference. So my question is, should this starter be able to fit? It doesnt have a brand name on it or any identification, So im guessing it is probably a summit model. Does anyone have any idea of what my problem could be or some solutions? Can i just switch out the plate?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Most of the mini starters have two sets of mounting holes. One set is for 153 teeth flexplate and the other set is for the larger 168 tooth flex.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! i noticed they had two sets of bolt holes, but when i put it up i thought i had it all the way against the block. but maybe not. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Most of the mini starters have two sets of mounting holes. One set is for 153 teeth flexplate and the other set is for the larger 168 tooth flex.

:agree: Check the other set of holes for alignment with the flex plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts