Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am restoring this 1979 corvette and i have a problem . my car only starts when the shifter iz between park and reverse and it starts when im on accesories :huh: plz help me out fast

thanks
[email protected] :(

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
On the starting in between P/R you need to adjust the neutral safety switch. Typically you loosen the mounting screws, put in neutral, slide the switch gently until you can insert a small paper clip in the hole in the center of the switch then retighten the switch. That should line up Park/Neutral as the start locations.Have you had your ignition switch out column out recently? Could have some wires mixed up. Maybe some one else will chime in too.
'
BTW welcome to digitalcorvettes:buhbye:

·
Registered
185 Posts
wiring

It would be hard to get the ignition switched around to start on accessory... most of the switch units come so that things only fit one way. Unless the wiring has been switched someplace after the switch mechanism but before the starter. I would try tracing wires.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: wiring

rgevers04 said:
It would be hard to get the ignition switched around to start on accessory... most of the switch units come so that things only fit one way. Unless the wiring has been switched someplace after the switch mechanism but before the starter. I would try tracing wires.
rgevers04, welcome to digitalcorvettes! Glad you found us. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts