Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of ordering corsa mufflers from west coast corvette ther on sale for 1375.00 . Duel rear exit quad 4'' pro searis tips does that sound like a good way to go. Not sure about headers I think kooks with there cross pipe and 3'' flow through cats if they will pass smog regs here in Calif? Thats for starts.I will worry about engin build a little later.Good idea or no?:lookinup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats the setup i want to do to my Z but I was thinking of maybe keeping the stock mufflers because I thought it would sound the same as the corsa vs stock muffler with open valves, but still thinking, but thats sounds awesome go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
corvette20 nice corvettes I saw your pics you have 3 also I have 06 Zo6 04 coupe Zr1 Yes I think that a good start for me I'am trying to get 600 rwhp on asperated air .MY engin builder say not a problem.:partyon:

·
Registered
84 Posts
thanks, let me know when you get it done I want your opinion on how it sound and how much better it performs:partyon:

·
Registered
105 Posts
...although I know Headers have been done to many C5/C6 Vettes, California has very strict laws regarding the alteration of your exhaust system with the exception of the rear catbacks.

Don't let anybody tell you differently.

It puzzles me how some of these cars with Headers get away with it.

Google CARB for more info!http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php

Best of luck,

Les:thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
thats the setup i want to do to my Z but I was thinking of maybe keeping the stock mufflers because I thought it would sound the same as the corsa vs stock muffler with open valves, but still thinking, but thats sounds awesome go for it:thumbsup:
I left my factory mufflers on after Lingenfelter installed their 616hp cam package, for one week, then ordered the Corsa exhaust from Lingenfelter. The sound with factory mufflers is okay with a lot of drone, but the Corsa exhaust makes the Z sound like a Hot Rod with no drone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I left my factory mufflers on after Lingenfelter installed their 616hp cam package, for one week, then ordered the Corsa exhaust from Lingenfelter. The sound with factory mufflers is okay with a lot of drone, but the Corsa exhaust makes the Z sound like a Hot Rod with no drone.
thanks :thumbsup: , by any chance do you know if the bb bullets for the Z have drone with headers on them because I really like the look of the bb pipes:devil:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't want to here your self think get the BBs I road if a Zo6 with them way to loud that why went with corsa Oh Iwill hav ethem in a week right after Memorial Day. On the headers here in calif If you know someone that does smog they well let it slide. Be side I have 4 years before next smog on Zo6 so I 'am not going to worry about that now . Air cleaner is next order Idem thinking of going with callway honker what do you guys think?:buhbye:

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you don't want to here your self think get the BBs I road if a Zo6 with them way to loud that why went with corsa Oh Iwill hav ethem in a week right after Memorial Day. On the headers here in calif If you know someone that does smog they well let it slide. Be side I have 4 years before next smog on Zo6 so I 'am not going to worry about that now . Air cleaner is next order Idem thinking of going with callway honker what do you guys think?:buhbye:
but did they have drone:huh:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
corvette 20s the one I rode in had the drone maybe some do and some don'tIthink it depens on car.:huh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just orderd the LG Long tubes and X pipe and am staying with the stock cat Back. From what I understand you are only getting like 5-10 HP from the Cat Back. In my opinion there are much better places to spend the money.

I opted instead of the cat back for the Electric Water Pump and 160 stat.

I am also having a dyno tune done while these installs are being done. I am going for 520RWHP with these mods.

My car went 11.70 @ 119 last time at the track with only the K&N Cold air kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts