Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres a question for all,a friend of mine stopped bye the other day to see how my vette was coming,and in a off hand way,he said you will never get what you ask if you sell,because of the mods,what do you guys think???kenney 1984 (as allways save the wave)1984

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
From the liitle bit of lookin at heavily modded cars I've done, he may be correct. It's kinda like collectibles. The right person who want and likes what you have done to your car has to happen along at the right time. The mods are, I think, primarily to suit your pleasure. If you look at what happened to Mean Green from that other forum, I don't think he'll ever recover his mod money. However, he got the satisfaction he wanted from the car which was dialed in the way HE wanted it.
Me personally...very minor mods and really nothing that can't be reversed easily and cheaply when bailing.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
what he said, you never get your money out of your mods, unless it is done by a big name shop (mallett, lingenfelter, callaway) even then you don't recoupe the full price of the mods...all that counts is if you enjoy them though

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think doing mods is sort of like buying a new car; you never get the investment back. But then that isn't why we do mods, not usually anyway.

A potential buyer will look at the entire vehicle and make a decision. If it's bone stock then you didn't beat on it; if heavy (performance) mods you likely beat on it. But if it's in top condition that goes a long way toward making a favorable impression on a buyer in either case.

As said, the main consideration is your satisfaction in doing/driving the mods vs expected ROI.

The pride in "doing" mods is my ROI; I realy don't care about $$ return. I chose a bone stock special edition because I wanted the "fun" of moding it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I actually bought my car with most of the mods on it. I don't really think about the resale value of the car, because I never think of it as an investment .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts