Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the intake ports on the STEALTHRAM as it comes from HOLLEY fit the felpro #1205 gasket port size, thats a perfect match to the AFR 190cc heads.
this is a 1206 gasket and while its easily possiable to port it to fit , it does not leave any room for mistakes</b>

I know of 3 people now useing the stealth ram on larger port heads, all needed to have a machine shop weld alittle extra metal to the upper port area and do minor machine work to allow the ports to be ported out to those larger ports sizes, but all three guys reported excellent results and power
personally I advise you just go with the AFR 190cc heads and avoid the problem as they flow enought to make over 500hp if the rest of the engine like the compression and cam is designed to use the stealth rams high air flow rate, but you can make it work with the larger heads ports with the help of a good machine shop. BTW those 1206 port size fits many of the larger 210cc-220cc heads available.

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
I need a new HSR cam Grumpy, what do you recommend or should I keep the one I have?

RWHP-386 & RWTQ-405 WITH A MINIRAM

Engine specs;
406-CI
Bullet Billet Custom Grind HR cam 233/233, 284/289, .576 lift w/1.6rr's
11:1 CR
68 CC, AFR 210 heads, 297 CFM @ .600 lift
Wiseco Forged Pistons, Eagle Forged Rods & 4340/Crank.
Centerforce 400 Crank Flywheel / Centerforce DF II Clutch
Flow Kooler Water pump w/ Dewitts Radiator
ZF 6 speed , Hurst Billet Shifter
3.45 rear gear
Hooker 2151 cut and rewelded to clear plugs
BBK 58 mm TB
FMS 24 # injectors
MSD 8366 Small Cap, MSD 6AL, MSD 8.5mm wires
Accell Shorty Plugs
86-89,,, 165/ECM

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those 24# injectors seem mightly small for the application, IM running 36# now and finding they BARELY keep up with the needed flow rates on my 383, so Id look into that, before the cam as a potential problem area.
it takes about 36 lbs of flow rate to support 525 hp with the injectors close to max flow,and those 24 lb injectors seem maxed out where your at now

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRacing/tech/fuelsystems.pdf

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

now once thats under control ...

YOUR current cam seems good for hot street use...
heres what I use in my STREET 383 VETTE
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&action=partSpec&partNumber=119661&lvl=2&prt=5
but it was sellected based on a 200hp nitrous kit as were the heads ETC.

as to maximizing hp,the cam, you want to change too,IM assuming here your looking to RACE the car and MAX hp is the GOAL, not so much street use??
if thats the case
Id go with a CRANE custom grind #11HR00084 installed 4 degrees advanced from split
.558/.558 lift with 1.5:1 ratio rockers.

personally ID run it with 1.5:1 ratio rockers on the exhaust 1.6:1 on the intake
242/250 durration on a 110 LCA with a .900 snmall base circle for clearance

YOULL NEED TO CAREFULLY CHECK CLEARANCES, as your stated max lift is .600 and the cam with a 1.6:1 ratio rocker has a .595 lift on the intake with 1.5:1 its .558

YOULL NEED SLICKS, but youll want to launch at between 2500rpm-3000rpm and shift just under valve float (probably at about 6300-6400RPM)
while it will give a noticable boost in peak hp it won,t be as streetable

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
Thank you for your help, I will work on maximizing the setup that I have currently per your suggestion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts