Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably grip the wheel fairly hard around corners and such..come to find out that the steering column has developed about and inch of free play regardless of the tilt or telescopic position. It feels like it's BROKE! Should I try to fix myself by getting at the 4 bolts under the knee bolster? I hate to take it to the dealer. Anyone experience this before? Thanx!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I probably grip the wheel fairly hard around corners and such..come to find out that the steering column has developed about and inch of free play regardless of the tilt or telescopic position. It feels like it's BROKE! Should I try to fix myself by getting at the 4 bolts under the knee bolster? I hate to take it to the dealer. Anyone experience this before? Thanx!
I think you need to bite the bullet on this one and let the dealer do it under warranty - who knows how broken it really is . . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually has originated from the "tilt" feature. When you move the tilt position of the wheel, the mechanism doesn't fully engage again unless I press VERY firmly back on the tilt lever. It looks like I do have to take it to the dealer.:surprised

1 - 4 of 4 Posts