Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -
I have noticed over the last couple of months that some of the interior pictures of the C6 show a 4 spoke steering wheel and some of them show a 3 spoke steering wheel. My car is an '07 and it has a 3 spoke wheel. Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, what gives?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
4 spoke wheel was 2005; 3 spoke wheel was new for 2006, audio controls were added in 2007 as part of 3LT package :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thank God they changed it.

I actually waited to buy the 06 because all I could think of was that I would forever see the pillsbury dough boy steering wheel staring back at me.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
I like the 3 spoke and not just because it is a 3 spoke...because it is a smaller wheel and you feel like you have better control of the car!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to disagree, I get much better feel and control with the 4 spoke wheel. Not to mention it looks much better than the generic GM corporate 3 spoke.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Pics anybody?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The new CTS's interior is great! Notice how much the center console stack looks like the front of the car itself.:thumbsup: Hopefully the Vette gets another jump in interior quality and design like we had in the C5 to C6.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I have to disagree, I get much better feel and control with the 4 spoke wheel. Not to mention it looks much better than the generic GM corporate 3 spoke.
The 4 spoke wheel was the old generic wheel. Rick was referring to the feel due to the smaller diameter of the 3 spoke wheel I believe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I understand what he was referring to, I PREFER the thicker wheel, and the larger size of it. I get a much better feel and control of the vehicle with it. I did not see that 4 spoke in almost every GM car and truck btw.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Now post a pic out a generic GM car, DING DING, its the same ones as the 3 spoke. Fleet car or Vette, same wheel. Too small, not as refined in the feel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The only way I see the smaller 3 spoke as an advantage is if the drivers gut rubs to bottom of the 4 spoke wheel. Loose the gut, loose the excuses. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts