Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the center piece of my steering wheel (the trim piece with the Corvette emblem)? I need to replace the two silver painted trim pieces with my new carbon fiber ones.

Here is what I need to replace:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i dont know how to post pics,not much help anyway.do your self a big favor and order these manuals from helms best 140 bucks spent.on the side of steering wheel at 8 o clock and 4 oclock 2 small holes 3/16,s insert blunt tool and release spring retainers.they want one hole to be on top.gently pull air bag module while releasing retainers. be advised you are holding a BOMB undo batt for 15 mins. before working on it.if you can work around module okay if not disconect jacks to module.use care the trims pads are held on with a torx.sliding across the seat can make static electricty and set of module if ya touch connectors and dont comb yer hair.the blunt tool ? try the flat end of a drill bit .hope this helps .feel free to pm for more info

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, it sounds pretty scary. I might just take it some where becuase I don't want to mess with the airbag.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
if ya follow some rules you will live .undo batt for 15 mins. and ground yourself just before touching air bag electrics .static discharge deployment is rare BUT can occur

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wheel pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts