Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the center piece of my steering wheel (the trim piece with the Corvette emblem)? I need to replace the two silver painted trim pieces with my new carbon fiber ones.

Here is what I need to replace:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i dont know how to post pics,not much help anyway.do your self a big favor and order these manuals from helms best 140 bucks spent.on the side of steering wheel at 8 o clock and 4 oclock 2 small holes 3/16,s insert blunt tool and release spring retainers.they want one hole to be on top.gently pull air bag module while releasing retainers. be advised you are holding a BOMB undo batt for 15 mins. before working on it.if you can work around module okay if not disconect jacks to module.use care the trims pads are held on with a torx.sliding across the seat can make static electricty and set of module if ya touch connectors and dont comb yer hair.the blunt tool ? try the flat end of a drill bit .hope this helps .feel free to pm for more info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.