1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
I take him just as seriously as I do Jon Stewart.

And that would be not at all.

I don't really see where he has "balls." What's so ballsy about his style of comedy? Whoo - hoo! Steve Colbert made fun of George Bush!!

Political comedy is easy - just take whatever your target says, leave just a grain of truth in it, and then make up the rest. This is what political comedians do, and any politician, no matter what their stripe, will ALWAYS provide plenty of material for this kind of comedy.

Steven

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oldcorvettef said:
I don't really see where he has "balls." What's so ballsy about his style of comedy? Whoo - hoo! Steve Colbert made fun of George Bush!!
He made fun of Bush... In Front of Bush. :rolleyes:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Loggins said:
bush invited him to do it....and you don't think it wasn't all planned out?

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
Loggins said:
So? If you watch his show on Comedy Central, then you already know that he does that. Did anybody expect him to get to the podium and start making fun of Democrats and NOT the President?

The entire point of the White House Correspondant's dinner is to roast the President, his administration, and the press. Colbert did that - quite well. When Clinton was president, they made fun of him - now that Bush is president, they make fun of him. Nothing newsworthy or particularly brave here.

Do you think that Bush was "ballsy" for bringing an impersonator on stage with him - to make fun of himself?

Steven

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
oldcorvettef said:
Do you think that Bush was "ballsy" for bringing an impersonator on stage with him - to make fun of himself?
Nope, I think he is an arrogant elitist SOB that is laughing at us all:(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Some comedians make great observations and say things that are totally true. However, since they are comedians they are not taken seriously. I like Carlos Mencia. He says the things that are completely true about nearly all races of people. He gets away with it in the name of comedy. I think that all politicians should be replace with comedians and the country would operate a lot better. George Carlin for president would make for a great election year.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yuh know what's funny? Bush and the GOP family only watch FOX and their own manufactured "good news". Colbert just provided Bush with the 68% of Americans that don't look through the rose colored glasses that they do. Bush was absolutely surprized that there was a world other than what's presented by Fox News channel! :smack :smack :smack

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
His performance actually showed what little class he has. Turn the tables for a moment. Imagine if it was 8 years ago and Clinton was standing up there and some comedian started in on him about Monica and a bunch of cigar jokes. Would it have been funny? Absolutely. Would it have been classless? Yep. And imagine the uproar in the press over such an event.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Youngs98 said:
His performance actually showed what little class he has. Turn the tables for a moment. Imagine if it was 8 years ago and Clinton was standing up there and some comedian started in on him about Monica and a bunch of cigar jokes. Would it have been funny? Absolutely. Would it have been classless? Yep. And imagine the uproar in the press over such an event.
I guess, for me, it boils down to this:
Ruining our country = bad
Oral sex = good
:)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
34DDD said:
I guess, for me, it boils down to this:
Ruining our country = bad
Oral sex = good
:)
And ignorance is bliss....

Bush's legacy will be spending 8 years dealing with what happens to a country after a do-nothing president has been in charge.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Youngs98 said:

Bush's legacy will be spending 8 years dealing with what happens to a country after a do-nothing president has been in charge.
hmmm. I'm so ignorant I didn't even know I was. Wish ya hadn't told me, now I'm bummed.:(

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Youngs98 said:

Ignorance is defined as the lack of knowledge.

Compare the legislation passed under Clinton and the legislation passed under Bush and who is the "do nothing" President is very apparent. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As we have learned from Bush's speechs, just saying it does not make it so:laughing: :laughing:

:cheers:

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
Youngs98 said:

you're kidding right? that do nothing president left bush with the largest surplus in the nations history, Bush spent that faster than a hooker with bill gates credit card

1 - 20 of 80 Posts