Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

so here is the deal .. when i get on it my clutch pedel sticks to the floor... well it comes up enough to engage the clutch but thats about it.. checked my fluid and it is nasty.. drained out the resivor but i dont know how to get the hose off of the master cylinder and i dont know how to drain i farther down the line,,, do i need to put in a new slave cylinder.. i was hopeing to do a cam.. but im starting to think that money is going to be spent on a center force dual friction and a slave cylinder.... any one have this problem,,, what did you do???:thud:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If your on your stock 2000 clutch I would upgrade before puting any more HP to it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Very common problem. People have tried changing fluid,,changing clutch master cylinder and other GM clutches and the problem returns. GM claims the pressure plates are not properly installed and torqued. Some people have tried the LS6 clutch as well as the LS7 clutch but the problem seems to return.

The only thing that seems to work is replacing the pressure plate and clutch disc and flywheel. The preferred clutch seems to be the Textralia. My 02 Z06 has 20,000 and the clutch started sticking down when I run it hard.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I never get on car until oil temps are at last over 140 and i have driven car for a while. Probably worse once car gets warm. I had shifting issues when I had the car @ Road America last year after running the car for a few laps.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
amazing results by venting the bellhousing.it really pays off on road racers.one or two 1 inch holes in trap door seems to do it

·
Registered
285 Posts
amazing results by venting the bellhousing.it really pays off on road racers.one or two 1 inch holes in trap door seems to do it
New one on me but not a bad idea and inexpensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts