Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy I wish the damn market would bottom out on these cars. I found a flawless coupe with 7K miles on it at DM Corvette in Downers Grove IL and they wanted 34K for it.

Looks like I will have to wait until my Z06 is paid for before I can aquire one of these gems. I have a feeling that the GS cars will become VERY valuable in the next 20 years.

I want one just to park in my garage and drive a few times a month to shows.

I know a guy that has a coupe with 1800 miles on it!!! I hate him!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
A GS would be a nice collection to the garage. Wonder if the 34k is the normal going price for a GS.

:cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
That seems a little high for the car. I paid 26 K for mine almost two years ago. It had 41K on it with a new clutch and in great shape overall. I've know of a few people to pull in some good deals on them with low miles for around the 24-26K range. Check the grandsport registery they usually have one or two for sale over there.:cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did check the GSR. They are all around 30-35K for cars with under 10K miles on them. I dont want one with more than 10K if possible. There were a few on there for close to 40K!!!

I will probably wait until around the 10 year old mark in 2006. After that, they could start appreciating in value!!!

I forcast this to be a very collectible car and could fetch big $$$ 20 years from now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have been thinking of getting rid of mine for a Z06 but Im torn on what to do, hey BLM.....want to trade:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
When the time is right, I plan to add a GS Vert to my collection of keepers.
I don't think these will botom out for some time though. So who ever is driving my future GSVert, please take care of it!;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The market has been coming down. But, spring is here and prices will start creeping back up. :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
96LT4 said:
The market has been coming down. But, spring is here and prices will start creeping back up. :buhbye:
Hey, where is my "I'm with Stupid" guy? We'll have to get one.

:nuts:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Patrick, my next purchase is a ZR1. Those babies have plummeted!! With the intro of the Z06, the ZR1 has takena dive. :( :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
AS A GUY WHO LOOKED FOR THE GS SINCE NOV. OF LAST YEAR, YOU WILL NOT FIND A GS FOR UNDER 30,OOO ANYWHERE WITH UNDER 10,000 MILES. I HAD A FOLDER 2 INCHES THICK WITH GS'S FOR SALE FROM ALL OVER AND THE PRICE WAS SET BY THE MILES ON THE CAR..... THE BEST I COULD FIND WAS ONE AT 30,900 FOR A 12,000 MILER. FELT GREAT WHEN I TALKED THEM DOWN TO 29,000:excited: :excited: I REALLY THINK I GOT A GOOD DEAL CAUSE THIS BABY IS LIKE BRAND NEW. I BOUGHT IT FROM A DEALER CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE AND HE HAD BOUGHT OUT SOMEONES PRIVATE COLLECTION AND DIDN'T NEED THIS ONE FOR HIS COLLECTION CAUSE HE ALREADY HAS ONE WITH 25 MILES ON IT:stick: HOPE YOU FIND ONE SOON !! mike

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man, I can't tell you how bad I wanted a Grand Sport.. being only 21 I couldn't afford one so I bought the next best thing.. a 95 admiral blue....
-Rick

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
VetteTech81 said:
Man, I can't tell you how bad I wanted a Grand Sport.. being only 21 I couldn't afford one so I bought the next best thing.. a 95 admiral blue....
-Rick
Nothing a little white paint and black rims wouldn't fix...lol

·
Registered
509 Posts
ChiMan said:
Nothing a little white paint and black rims wouldn't fix...lol
Hee Hee.. not to mention the 355 I may be building..
-Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't buy a GS for Future Value. Buy a Grand Sport to drive and enjoy. Just ask the folks who paid $20,000 to $50,000 for the $13,000 1978 Pace Cars. They would probably be millionaires if they would have invested the same amount of money in the stock Market in 78. Corvettes are not happy being garage queens.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
GS0057 said:
Don't buy a GS for Future Value. Buy a Grand Sport to drive and enjoy. Just ask the folks who paid $20,000 to $50,000 for the $13,000 1978 Pace Cars. They would probably be millionaires if they would have invested the same amount of money in the stock Market in 78. Corvettes are not happy being garage queens.
Right on, brother. I have 36k on my GS now, and I plan to keep on adding as much as I can.

My odometer is my "enjoyment meter". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Right on, brother. I have 36k on my GS now, and I plan to keep on adding as much as I can.

My odometer is my "enjoyment meter". :thumbsup:
I agree... so I guess that means my vette has been enjoyed more then yours.. hee hee mine just turned 50k
-Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't answer for other GS owners, but the prices will have to climb a whole lot before I would even consider selling mine. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
me 2 :partyon: my GS357 is just 2 much fun

1 - 20 of 24 Posts