Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to order the Borla Stingers for the vette today and was told that "stingers" was just a street name. Touring or Sport right? Question, do I just ask for the Sport system and actually get the "Borla Stinger 2 Exhaust" system?? :WTF

·
Registered
347 Posts
I believe that "Stinger 2" is just the "series" of exhausts, aftermarket companies do this often.

·
Banned
109 Posts
I believe that "Stinger 2" is just the "series" of exhausts, aftermarket companies do this often.
This is correct. If you want the more aggressive system it is the "Sport". I believe on the C5 they were actually called "Stinger" and the "street" name just carried over. I have the sport system without the X-pipe and LOVE it ! There are only 2 options Touring & Sport but several styles to choose from with both systems. ie: 2 tip 4 tip , round or oval , rolled or slashcut. That comes down to personal choice on what look you want. I hope this helps. I also did a write up after my install of this system, just do a search of my posts and you can find it. Let us know what you think if you do get the Sport system. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You want the Borla Sport Aggressive System #11744

It has the 4 round tips.

Howard

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I think it would be cool to see real-world pics of the different tip types. The Borla internet pics are hard to tell exactly which one looks the best, mainly the oval vs. round quad tips.:cheers:

·
Registered
267 Posts

Ignore the garage, it was before we finished it.
It looks better now, not great, but hey, it's a garage.

Sorry, I always post a pic of my 90lb guard dog when my license plate is shown.
You never know who may be looking.

Howard

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys. Now I understand and can order the system. Borla aggressive system #11744 sound like the one. Back in 2001 I installed the Borla "Sport" system on my C5 but didn't recall the "stinger". Thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks for the pics.:thumbsup:

I never knew that you could order a "shaved" or rounded tip.:huh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks again guys. Now I understand and can order the system. Borla aggressive system #11744 sound like the one. Back in 2001 I installed the Borla "Sport" system on my C5 but didn't recall the "stinger". Thanks again :thumbsup:

If you want your car to sound like pure MUSCLE, you will love the #11744 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I think it would be cool to see real-world pics of the different tip types. The Borla internet pics are hard to tell exactly which one looks the best, mainly the oval vs. round quad tips.:cheers:

·
Banned
41 Posts
How is the drone with LG long tubes with this system compared to the bullets and if possible please post more pics need to make a decision

1 - 12 of 12 Posts