Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK whats your view on the hazing incedent in the chicago area? do you think the school had the right to do what they did? and why? (keep it clean or i'll have to shut it down)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
The school is not a police department. What happens outside of school is not their business.

What they did was wrong and dangerous. But, dealt with poorly.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
I don't think you'll find many people that think what happened was okay. The adage that 'boys will be boys' really doesn't hold water here. That phrase was started in a time when being really bad ment soaping someone's windpws on Halloween or painting farmer John's cows hooves red. That was harmless stuff and not dangerous to anyone unless your father caught you and blistered your butt. But some of the things that happened were sick, cruel dangerous etc.. I agree with Patrick that it was very wrong but not handled in a professional manner. What the officials thought would be accepted and then blow over turned around and backed them in a corner where they couldn't give in at all. Poor judgement by the perpetrators, school officals and media.

BTW I really like this Quick Reply..........

Torch

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The school district my kids graduated from has a zero tolerance policy. Several years ago a couple kids were involved in some type of incident off school grounds and wound up being expelled.
I support this type of policy.
Kids have to learn to be stand up "responsible for their own actions adults" being allowed back to school to gloat over what they got away with and how they had Mom and Dad to fight for them is wrong. Moms and Dads also need to enforce being responsible for your own actions instead of sheltering their kids from the reality of life. I really think that is one of the major problems we have here in the states. People always question ..what is wrong? what caused the moral decay etc. IT STARTS AT HOME FOLKS!

just my opinion

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The incident occured after school and off school property. The school has no authority whatever regarding what happened. IMO, the school administration are another example of small time pikers sticking their face into what does not concern them. If we as adults do something strange off the work property and after hours, is your employer empowered to act? I would think not.

The kids should of course be punished for their actions. Be it via civil court, or whatever. I would think that the kids involved and their parents should handle matters among themselves.

If one of mine were involved on either side I'd thrash their ass with my belt. Then they can pay for whatever damages the other parties win out on.

It's just like that coach who was found with a stripper. It was on his time. His business. Period. I'd bet some of the high and mighty administration are secretly BDSM types and just take an opportunity to shoot off their mouths when opportunity presents itself. Two hours later they're diddling themselves in the office after catching a panty shot from one of the coed's.

I guess I believe in clearly defined roles and responsibilites.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree with what the majority has posted...its off school grounds not during school time they need to stay out of it....the police can handle the assalut and battery charges which is what needs to happen..then there would be no need to expel the kids they'd have there butts in jail...thats what would happen to me if i did something like that to anther person....

B

·
0 Posts
biltogo said:

If one of mine were involved on either side I'd thrash their ass with my belt.
So thats what really happend to Amy eh? :spanked: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts