Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddies and i are having a track day at atco on the 10th of april and we really wanted to get a lot of people. so we know this girl at our school who has a boy friend w/ a 93 civic. he claims he ran a 13.9 in the 1/4 mile BONE STOCK:laughing: So we decided to invite him and all his rice buddies to come to the track. now my one friend who is going just talked to him and saw his car. he said the car looked like such a POS and sounded like s*&t. this guy has no turbo, just an intake and muffler pretty much. this is the part that made my day. the kid w/ the civic says he will take nebody that comes to the track. so my friend calls me up and tells me and my roomate this and we cannot wait to just flat out embarass him. my friends will be driving a 96 cobra, a 99 trans am ws6, a 98 bolt on mustang gt, and maybe my uncles 03 600 hp cobra. i will be running my fathers 02 z06. this kid is just going to get:spanked: this should just be jolly good fun i must say hehe.:smack

hey if nebody else wants to come with us that day theres plenty of rice to go around:D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Here will come the excuses "the car isn't running right... I can't hook... something is wrong with the clutch..." :laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Here will come the excuses "the car isn't running right... I can't hook... something is wrong with the clutch..." :laughing:
I think I have heard all of those. My first words when I get beat is Dammmmmmm!:laughing:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yea i can only imagine what he'll come up with. MY ADHESION BEARING BROKE...cough cough.

he will probably just be like 'oh race my friends then'. this guy is bringing along some fellow rice buddies with him. he was claiming he has a friend w/ a civic that has a "gsr" engine swap and running 9psi on a turbo. even so i'll maybe say that a car like that runs low 15's or high 14's. and thats giving it a lot of credit i think.

so nebody else wanna come though? i'd like to get to know some of you on here.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
My lug nuts require more torque that that Honda makes

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
Mmmm I love the smell of burnt rice in the morning!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
my friends will be driving a 96 cobra, a 99 trans am ws6, a 98 bolt on mustang gt, and maybe my uncles 03 600 hp cobra. i will be running my fathers 02 z06. this kid is just going to get:spanked:
Getting beat by those high HP cars while you leave your LT1 parked could be a point the Civic could make about your car not being up to the task. Bring your LT1 and eliminate those comments.:thumbsup:

Of course you realize if just one of your high HP buddies breaks and gets beat it will make the Honda driver's year:laughing:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Getting beat by those high HP cars while you leave your LT1 parked could be a point the Civic could make about your car not being up to the task. Bring your LT1 and eliminate those comments.:thumbsup:

:
:agree: At least this guy is bringing his ride out to the track and not someone elses.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
hey if nebody else wants to come with us that day theres plenty of rice to go around:D
Thats only if you dont eat it all the first time 'round. :devil:

If you were closer Id bring my '70 and make a fool of them, and thats saying a lot.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:agree: At least this guy is bringing his ride out to the track and not someone elses.
Bringing the Z was planned before i knew these civic guys were coming. I've ran the LT1 many times at the track and i'm trying to limit its track use from now on. Not to mention i want to see how my times will compare with the old man's times in the Z.

Actually this civic guy might race his girl friends 98 civic because he's not sure if he wants to race his "everyday" car. makes no sense to me because thats what her car is also:huh:

You can't have ricers without excuses. It's just part of life lol.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
You can have so much fun here!

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX

0-60 8.4

1/4 mile 16.5

Is the girlfriend hot? if so race him one and purposely loose, its going to be hard to make a c5 z06 run slower than a 16.5 but try to. be really bummed about it and ask for a retry putting the girl as the wager then show him what 405hp looks like!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so since this will be my first time running the z, i dont know exactly where to launch it. it's stock (vararam is removed for now) w/ drag radials. so for all you guys who know this car, where should i be launching it and how? any feedback is appreciated.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
you can prolly drop the clutch from 2500 maybe even 3500 because of the DRs, otherwise just take off like from a stop light, just getting off the clutch faster. also with the DRs you can prolly powershift 1-2 gl!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd bring my rice and race you for pinks if you were closer by. I have only added a hi flow exhaust and an air filter. Runs hi 9's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts