Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should be my first mod? I've had the car now for 6 years and it's still stock even down to the air filter. Want to increase performance (hp) and keep it around $3,000.

It's a 91 vert with a L98.

Here's the start of my list:
1.) Air-Filter :thumbsup: Which one?

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Do you happen to know the gear ratio of your differential? You can see nice gains in acceleration from going to a lower (numerically higher) gear ratio.

Cost of parts is right around $900-1000 (rebuilt diff w/gears), labor maybe another $300-500.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Air filter.... K&N or similar, also cut open the lid, better flow..

next.. Exhaust, get the 2-1/2" front offroad Y-pipe and ditch the Pre-cats (stock exhaust is 2-1/4")

Then get a good Cat-back, Borla, B&B, Flowmaster, Dynomax, and a few others.. (Sorry no Corsa)

If you wanted Corsa, find a set of used Cats and Stock manifolds from a LT1 vette and then install Corsa, that would be tons better then your stock system.

Also if you have a auto, you may want to upgrade to a 3.54 rear gear

After that, if you want to retain the emissions stuff, get the AS&M Large Tube Runners, and new Base manifold or get your ported.

Later you could install Heads and cam if you wanted..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jeff pretty much covered this with what he said. You could do the throttle body bypass, their are low drag pulleys made by march., remove the air pump, these things may help a little. new plugs and wires couldn't hurt.
make sure the radiator is clean, these cars suck air from the bottom, everything gets traped in their.
mods are pretty much a air in , air out type of deal.
good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts