Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha gang,
Looking a beautiful 01 today, been a while since i owned a c5. It's a 6 speed with 110,000 miles,
Just wondering how long some of you all went on the stock clutch?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Aloha gang,
Looking a beautiful 01 today, been a while since i owned a c5. It's a 6 speed with 110,000 miles,
Just wondering how long some of you all went on the stock clutch?
We I bought our 01 new we went 1000 miles before I had GM replace it with a Z06 clutch and flywheel assmbly...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,Turns out the car has an aftermarket "spec" brand clutch. Much more pedal pressure than a stock clutch.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i was really worrying about the clutch, it's a "spec" stage 2 clutch with about 9,500 miles on it. Waiting for the loan to go thru.. damn guy is dragging his feet, its getting late, might not get my check until tomorrow.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,770 Posts
'sup Todd. Good to see you getting back in the C5 game., Are you going to slam this one too?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aloha,
Long time no post. Yes, i pick up the car in about an hour. I'll turn the bolts today, then on monday i'll remove the front and change out the rear bolts. It was rough finding a silver 6 speed in good shape, i did though, has some mods already, only complaint i have is no HUD.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You appear to be someone who can put one in. Any reservations?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, that is a possibility, but i know what will happen, i'll get the money, then go for a cam change. Or supercharger.
Man , loving this 6 speed compaired to the auto i had. Feels faster because of the gear ratio. This caris in great shape, the paint is almost flawless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts