Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hello everyone. I just instlled a bi xenon kit on my 1990 vette. The install went well and looks great the only problem I have is that I lost my driving lamps. When I turn on the driving light switch the high beams come on. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know the fix for this.

Thank you in advance
-Mark-
is the bi-xenon kit from corvetteHID.com?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The driving lamp cutoff could be a result of the power drawn by the HID ballasts. Maybe a inline resistor to balance the load could help. I know when switching to leds, resistors are necessary to keep the system working properly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1993 C4 Corvette.

I purchased the Fog Light Kit from CORVETTE HID.

After I got it and installed it - I emailed this guy, Yassi and he was NO help. No returned email ... This was over 1 week ago. Also, before I bought, I tried calling this dude umerous times. He was hard to get on the phone. I was not comfortable with this but still bought the product. Installing was not easy ... I had to pay a kid with small hands to install inside the front bottom flap then snake the Ballast and other small Ballast thru the interior Bumper, then tape inside of Headlight Bay area, inside of engine. My knees are shot so I drove to Tire Kingdom and they helped me free of charge with vette on a Lift. Even the Tire Kingdom Mechanic said it was not easy to install and leaving it bunched up in the flap area as Yassi recommended was danger waiting to happen.

Now here's the catch ... What IF you have Ballast problems, or bulb issues? No walking to Auto Zone for a new Ballast that's for sure !!! And will this MoFo be around in 2-3 years ... ? Think about that .... BEFORE YOU BUY !

I regret buying this product because it was not a plug n play as deswcribed, and if the Ballast blows up or the Bulb breaks, blows, ... Aint no going to Pep Boys or Auto Zone.

And the extreme white color contradicts my Headlights. After installing, I cruised up A1A in Daytona Beach and sure enough a Shores Beach PD Unit was on my ass .... I asked him why he followed me, and he said " Your headlights were very bright and white and caught my attention so I tailed you and ran your plate for possible warrant, felonies, etc ".

So much for be anonymous !!!

And thanks Yassi for not returning my email.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After spending the better part of a day installing, now the bulbs won't come on. I did everything right, even pulled the wires thru to the engine bay and taped to the chassis. After all this, with help from Tire Kingdom, the lights will not come on?

Please advise.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
1993 C4 Corvette.

I purchased the Fog Light Kit from CORVETTE HID.

After I got it and installed it - I emailed this guy, Yassi and he was NO help. No returned email ... This was over 1 week ago. Also, before I bought, I tried calling this dude umerous times. He was hard to get on the phone. I was not comfortable with this but still bought the product. Installing was not easy ... I had to pay a kid with small hands to install inside the front bottom flap then snake the Ballast and other small Ballast thru the interior Bumper, then tape inside of Headlight Bay area, inside of engine. My knees are shot so I drove to Tire Kingdom and they helped me free of charge with vette on a Lift. Even the Tire Kingdom Mechanic said it was not easy to install and leaving it bunched up in the flap area as Yassi recommended was danger waiting to happen.

Now here's the catch ... What IF you have Ballast problems, or bulb issues? No walking to Auto Zone for a new Ballast that's for sure !!! And will this MoFo be around in 2-3 years ... ? Think about that .... BEFORE YOU BUY !

I regret buying this product because it was not a plug n play as deswcribed, and if the Ballast blows up or the Bulb breaks, blows, ... Aint no going to Pep Boys or Auto Zone.

And the extreme white color contradicts my Headlights. After installing, I cruised up A1A in Daytona Beach and sure enough a Shores Beach PD Unit was on my ass .... I asked him why he followed me, and he said " Your headlights were very bright and white and caught my attention so I tailed you and ran your plate for possible warrant, felonies, etc ".

So much for be anonymous !!!

And thanks Yassi for not returning my email.
Your english is horrid (and trust me mine isnt perfect but wow.)... But if I read what you wrote correctly... You are complaining about install issues. If you felt you were not capible to install, then you should have left it to a professional. The white color and the brighter output is the whole point of an HID bulb.... If you didnt want a brighter light then you should have left it alone.

If you are worried about replacing parts for your aftermarket lighting system from autozone then maybe you should have bought a honda not a vette.... If you are going to buy an aftermarket part of ANY SORT! You cant expect to find replacement parts at autozone or pepboys thats just rediculous... Youre crazy...:thud:

Sounds like someone who just wants to complain about anything...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts