Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote for your favorite.

Do you prefer Vettes restored to original or is modified what turns your crank??

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's a great topic Brian. I do like the original look like yourself we both have put in a lot of years to kept our cars as close to original as possible, I appreciate the work that goes into keeping a car original, but also on the other hand I have seen a lot of modified corvettes that I would love to own to.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
64vette said:
Vote for your favorite.

Do you prefer Vettes restored to original or is modified what turns your crank??
Stock, w/ perhaps a few personal touches.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
for the most part i like the stock looking car....running gear can be improved to todays standards :) i also like period correct mods. say cragers on a C2 or early C3

·
Registered
71 Posts
64vette said:
Vote for your favorite.

Ah, the age old question! :D We've done both and each approach has it's place in the hobby. Our current preference is either an unrestored original or one retaining the classic lines but with a more modern drive-train. We really enjoyed the NCRS shows and people but are also having a lot of fun doing a broader selection of shows and driving cars with updated components. While I wouldn't modify a real original car, there are still a number of good candidates out there for building to suit your tastes. It's all a personal choice and I don't believe that there is only one way to enjoy the hobby.

Rich Lagasse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts