1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
holy hell....how are the 1/2 shafts and diff surviving?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Amazing... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That's sick! Something has to break soon though, right?
YES and I don't believe it's stock.

REMEMBER:

" Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see!"

I was told a long time ago by very wise people that racing is about cheating and not getting caught.

·
Registered
9 Posts
YES and I don't believe it's stock.

REMEMBER:

" Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see!"

I was told a long time ago by very wise people that racing is about cheating and not getting caught.

:WTF I know him he is a friend. The car is stock and he is a very good driver.

His goal was to break the record for stock ZR1 with DR

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
:WTF I know him he is a friend. The car is stock and he is a very good driver.

His goal was to break the record for stock ZR1 with DR
I wasn't trolling, just impressed at the "stock" status of the car. It seems like if the record is 10.33, then that might be the guy who's not 100% stock, makes more sense from an ET point of view.

@GIO-305, where have you seen a stock ZR1 hold 800hp

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wasn't trolling, just impressed at the "stock" status of the car. It seems like if the record is 10.33, then that might be the guy who's not 100% stock, makes more sense from an ET point of view.

@GIO-305, where have you seen a stock ZR1 hold 800hp
You must have taken it the wrong way. My post was to Fenton.

The guy that hold fastest stock ZR1 w/dr et is Kyle. Bruce is the ZR1 that this thread is about and there both friends. The DR are Kyles and he let Bruce use it for the runs. This is a group of guys that like to push there cars for better et in stock form or with bolt-ons. They did the samething when they had there Z06.

I don't know what you mean about stock ZR1 holding 800hp but what I ment was that the stock axles will hold with no problems 800+ hp.

As for the stock motor it will also hold a lot of power.
-LMR built a ZR1 ported heads, cam & supporting mods and it makes 800rwhp on race gas and it's on stock rear end and axles and its never had a problem. (There is a few other ZR1's with the same set up and no issues)

-IPS Motorsports built a ZR1 on stock motor (no motor work) with a twin turbo make 900rwhp and its never had a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here you go. Andrew's ZR1 mods are ported heads, cam, supporting mods and Tranny has work with Z06 1st gear.
Stock motor internals and blower

Yesterdays pass. He broke is recored for the third time.

Second record he broke

First record for fastest ZR1

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I was in high school in the 80s, if you had a street car that ran high 13s, you were the freaking KING of the street. By the 90s, you needed to run mid 12s and you were a bad ass. By the early 2000s, you needed to be in the mid 11s. Are you kidding me!??! Now, you have to run mid 9s?!?!??? Holy CRAP! I mean, DAMN. By 2020 you will have to cruze main street in a Top Fuel Dragster to have ANY street cred. Absolutely insane.

Let me remind everyone, that when you are running 13.0 stock, it is pretty easy to pick up an extra .5 of ET. BUT.....the faster you go, the harder each tenth gets. By the time you are running in the 10s, its getting pretty dang tough. The 9s??!! Maybe I need to give up on the car thing and start collecting stamps. This is getting too rich for my blood! LOL!

Congrats on some INCREDIBLE cars. Well done, and well driven too.

wow.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
When I was in high school in the 80s, if you had a street car that ran high 13s, you were the freaking KING of the street. By the 90s, you needed to run mid 12s and you were a bad ass. By the early 2000s, you needed to be in the mid 11s. Are you kidding me!??! Now, you have to run mid 9s?!?!??? Holy CRAP! I mean, DAMN. By 2020 you will have to cruze main street in a Top Fuel Dragster to have ANY street cred. Absolutely insane.

Let me remind everyone, that when you are running 13.0 stock, it is pretty easy to pick up an extra .5 of ET. BUT.....the faster you go, the harder each tenth gets. By the time you are running in the 10s, its getting pretty dang tough. The 9s??!! Maybe I need to give up on the car thing and start collecting stamps. This is getting too rich for my blood! LOL!

Congrats on some INCREDIBLE cars. Well done, and well driven too.

wow.
Nice post Jeff :cheers:

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
what size are the tires I have a ZR1 and I went to the track last night and I couldn't hook it up on the street tires it only ran a 12.20 @ 128.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts