Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo...

I'm on one freeway doing about 75/80 and there's an arse in one of those new japanese boxy SUV's cutting in and out and we're in a flow of traffic that's taking the huge swooping exit ramp onto another freeway.

The guy does what we all expect... cuts in and across two lanes at the last minute so those of us with fully functional brains have been waiting for this and let him go.

The ramp curves left under one freeway to join the other and guess what... the whole thing is jammed- no one's moving.

Then the good part... I just put new Bf Goodrich G-sport tires on and rebuilt most of the power steering.. I jam the brakes and try an emergency stop for the first time... we squeal for five feet then stop dead! The nice young man in his rice rocket slid quite a ways..... karma methinks.... just missing a truck with a long load hanging off the back!

Now me and the old lady have a bigger bond, seeing as my cheeks gripped the seat so hard! Thought I'd share with you guys. For that she gets a wax job tonight!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Fun, I get to deal with that about twice a week out here. New job is a 34 mile commute each day, fortunetely not in the worst part of the traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts