Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really loving my new (to me) C6. However, I find that there is hardly any storage space. The hatch back is of course available, but I don't want to just throw stuff back there to look like crap and also, I don't want things to be easily visible from the outside.... Are there some aftermarket accessories that will help? Or maybe some clever DIY projects?
BTW, I see that the "official" storage pouch to go behind the pax seat sells for mucho bucks :surprised I was surprised to see the price of over $100 for a plastic bag.... Are there less expensive options for that? After all, you can't even see it behind that seat.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I use the Cargo Shade GM accesorie to hide things in the trunk and two cargo nets one Corvette and one Chrysler. I carry everything from luggage to take food using those nets. When I close my hatch nothing is visable.:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
That only works so far... You can still see inside and it does not help with stuff rolling around back there.
BTW, I purchased a cargo shade with the Corvette emblem and it works pretty well :thumbsup:
can you store very much stuff under the cargo shade because I looked at a vette at the dealership with one and it looked liek there is about 6 inches below the shade.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you store very much stuff under the cargo shade because I looked at a vette at the dealership with one and it looked liek there is about 6 inches below the shade.....
Actually, I mocked-up a divider made out of cardboard (I was going to get one cut out of aluminum sheet and black anodized..). Anyway, the divider is a tad over 11" tall and it fits under the shade.... That's not too bad. It could be a suitcase or 2 laying on their side, a few boxes with groceries, etc. Sure, if you want to put voluminous loads back there, the cargo shade is going to be in the way....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use the Cargo Shade GM accesorie to hide things in the trunk and two cargo nets one Corvette and one Chrysler. I carry everything from luggage to take food using those nets. When I close my hatch nothing is visable.:thumbsup:

:cheers:
:agree:

I use the GM "Luggage Shade and Parcel Net" The Shade covers pretty well and you can fit alot under it.

A couple of months ago a buddy and I played the River Course at Kiawah Island http://www.kiawahislandclub.com/golf/riverCourseGolf.php. I was able to fit 2 golf bags under it with no problem.

The Parcel Net is great for holding and securing smaller items (briefcase, groceries and especially things that you want the remain upright such as liquids) It also can hold things under the roof panel when taken off and snapped into the cargo area.;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is this the luggage shade bought through chevy?
The one I got is licenced by Chevy but I think it's some kind of after market product. It looks very good with the Corvette emblem enbroidered and it's a high quality piece. Also, I got it locally, it cost me about $83 including tax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts