Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to repair shop,est.on the vette as it stands now is $1782.00 .Talked about repaint and they would do it for a extra $1400. This for any color,and due to fact that all body work will be done prior to painting.Decisions,Decisions.:lookinup: :excited:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
kenney said:
Went to repair shop,est.on the vette as it stands now is $1782.00 .Talked about repaint and they would do it for a extra $1400. This for any color,and due to fact that all body work will be done prior to painting.Decisions,Decisions.:lookinup: :excited:
Decisions... about the color? What color is it now? ;)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: Re: Re: STORMY SUNDAY BLUES UPDATE

Hmm... stick with black, and then at the nose.... do white to yellow to orange flames.... with a candy blue pinstripe around them.

Whatcha think? :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: STORMY SUNDAY BLUES UPDATE

Patrick96LT4 said:
Hmm... stick with black, and then at the nose.... do white to yellow to orange flames.... with a candy blue pinstripe around them.

Now your talking. That would look cool:cool:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: STORMY SUNDAY BLUES UPDATE

Patrick96LT4 said:

how about a black GS/white stripe;) :excited:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
up date on repairs

Car goes to shop next Wed,haveing then go over the car completly,going to have them repaint car in black,so i can save a few bucks.For the no color change,and the rest of the body work,ie dings in paint on driver door,small scr.on rear lower bumper,price will be 2000.00.I will post pics when completed,and if it ever stops raining.Got question for any body out there,want to put cloth seats in ,but cant find them anywhere,any suggestions??????thanks to all for your thoughts on this mishap,and i hope this doesnt happen to any of you.See org.post:excited: :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: up date on repairs

kenney said:
Car goes to shop next Wed,haveing then go over the car completly,going to have them repaint car in black,so i can save a few bucks.For the no color change,and the rest of the body work,ie dings in paint on driver door,small scr.on rear lower bumper,price will be 2000.00.I will post pics when completed,and if it ever stops raining.Got question for any body out there,want to put cloth seats in ,but cant find them anywhere,any suggestions??????thanks to all for your thoughts on this mishap,and i hope this doesnt happen to any of you.See org.post:excited: :thumbsup: :cheers:
No idea on the cloth seats.... glad your car is finally in the shop, when are you supposed to get it back?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The body man told me about seven to ten days ,this is on how fast he can get replacment parts from GM.I hope things go well.I want to road trip it out to cooperstown to the Baseball hall of Fame,why the weather is still real nice.Taken my son with me,he willhave a ball.I dont get to spend enought time with him,so this will be a real treat for both of us.My work holds me back on time.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to look at them(cloth seats)I was told by chevy dealer that the 84,s had that avail,so i would like to take a look z at them.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will have to dig deeeeep into the bowels of the web to find a place that has a picture of them/or for sole that has them up for sale.i tried that wet oakley and all i got thru google was a place to get sun glasses,ops:cheers: :excited:

·
DC Crew
32,973 Posts
Rogerscorvettecenter.com has a 90 with cloth seats. If you ask he will probably e-mail you picks. If you go to his site look at C-4's for sale then go down about 3/4 of the way you'll see it.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STORMY SUNDAY BLUES UPDATE

I had an 86 with cloth seats, so they should be available somewhere. Try a local upholstery shop, sometimes you can find good deals. :)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good God things are getting worst.I was driving out of my drive way(common drive for other residents)and wham,hit large pot hole and cracked muffler right side,god what have i done to deserve this.so now i have to get a right side muffler.please let this **** stop.:( :( :(

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
kenney said:
Good God things are getting worst.I was driving out of my drive way(common drive for other residents)and wham,hit large pot hole and cracked muffler right side,god what have i done to deserve this.so now i have to get a right side muffler.please let this **** stop.:( :( :(
:( Are you serious? Jeesh, that sucks!

This too shall pass.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well got muffler fixed today,I went to GM,and they tried to sell a stock muffler for 272.00.I then went down to advanced auto,and they sold me a oem Walker for, get this'(121.00)so i got on ,and now its off to the shop next tuesday,i will cross my fingers when i drive up to the shop:lookinup: :laughing: :laughing: :excited:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked into cloth seats and found out that most if not all that had cloth for 1984 were for sale in canda only,any thoughts,i am staying with the leather,wifey changed my mind,Early X-Mass for me:) :buhbye:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts